Register now to get rid of these ads!

Late Tech, for the ladies, how to build a hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redbeard, Aug 3, 2006.

1. bigjoe1015

bigjoe1015
    BANNED

Not just for the ladies, but for everyone. I'm gonna have my wife read it, maybe it'll inspire her!

Excellent post and car!

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. tred

tred

that is a little sexist to get all excited because a girl built that awesome ride.

what impressed me even more is that a newbie built it, male or female!

great work and great story!

thank you for sharing.
    tred.

3. Michael_e

Michael_e

This was sure cool. Now, we are gonna need pics of the both of you from Bonneville.

Mike

4. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I'll have to say hi in Bonneville.

So, I'm sure someone is wanting to ask this, so I will...

Does she have a sister? :)

5. redbeard

redbeard

We have two pitbulls, to help keep all that junk around.

plus I think we might be the "bad element' in our neighborhood:)

by the way your belly pan post is very good, I think the best tech on here.
    it makes me want to build a belly pan on something. And your car is beautiful.
    nice job.

thanks everyone else for the kind words, there are some really good builders on here, and to have your feedback means alot.

back to work

6. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

great post dave. that car is rad. hope you guys have a good time at the salt next week/weekend. i know you will. take care.

7. JPMACHADO

JPMACHADO
    from Not Listed

Great thread.

Great pictures

Great explinations

This is a great tech piece because the thread itself didn't take an hour to try and decode. Straight forward and easy to understand! I love the fact that you get start to driven all in one thread.

8. P.Y.

P.Y.

Very cool post ! This C-dan sits just right !

What are the size of the tires ? I would say 6.50 in the front and 7.50 in the rear ?

9. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

You have my vote for tech week winner. Actually, yer gal should get the prize. She did an awesome job, you should all be very proud.

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. You,re getting my vote as well. There,s so many elements of this build that I,ve incorporated into my own Sedan that it,s spooky. Looks like she built my car for me! Then I woke up,damn.
    Great post,awesome work. Please pass on my congrats on getting this thing done. Cool.

11. Very nice job! Nice to see the lady's taking such an interest in the fab work. Bravo!

12. psyched0ut

psyched0ut
    from Sweden

You already know what I think: AWESOME!!

13. volken65

volken65

WOW!!! I just cant stop looking at this thread...
    Your girl is amazing!

Puts me to shame:(

14. Man.. that's cool. That's one of the coolest tudors ever too! She's got a good eye!

15. Damn!!! the posts just keep getting better and better. That was a lot of work in that thread,great photos and info. The car is too kool...good job.

16. DRD57

DRD57

lucky bastard indeed!

you are both rightfully proud.

I'm impressed, not so much that a woman could do it ( I believe anyone can do anything they put their mind to ) but, that a woman would do it. It takes a lot of committment and sacrifice to see a project like this through to completion.

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Fantastic job on the build and post and you even made it to Paso. You both have a real lot to be proud of!
    I hope the build threads on my C-Dan that your girl checked out, didn't screw up your project tooo much!!:D

18. Mootz

Mootz

Wow, the dedication it took to stop and take pictures for all of us is awesome as with all tech posts. Thanks and the car is unbelievable. Thanks to the both of you, great work.

Mootz

19. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Awesome! Cool project, thanks for sharing. I was wondering what size tires/rims you were running? Thanks

20. flathead okie

flathead okie

That's a great looking car. How does it handle going at speed, any bumpsteer. Thats the same type of frontend I'm setting up now, split bones and mustang steering box.

21. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Fan-fing-tastic. This must have taken an assload of time. Thanks for all your hard work.

22. guiseart

guiseart

What a cool post... I read the whole thing, then called the wifee in to read it too... pretty soon I heard the printer fire up, she printed it ut for later reference. Thanks dude! We have a project in the future, now she's as eager to start on it as I am!

volvobrynk likes this.
  23. Tin Can

Tin Can

This has got to be the greatest post ever. A lot of tech and pics. I would like to see more detail of the building of that frame. Your "Shop" looks awsome, all sorts of good car material in the background. That is sweet that your lady is so into the car scene. hang onto her
    Dan-O

24. Great thread, great rod. I really liked the photos though. Especially the "14whatamess" jpeg. Something really neat about the bricks, dog, clutter, engine hanging on the hoist, and the intensity on your girl friends face. You know it would make a great "desktop".
    Tony

25. sodas38

sodas38

Excellent build!! And whats more cool is that car is better built and cooler looking then many on the road. That is a true "Hot Rod" in my view (not that that means anything:)). I would be happy with half the skills and dedication she has.

Good thread too, thanks for all the pics and words!

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Dave, an excellent TECH!

... oh, BTW - Could you ask your wife; if she isn't busy next weekend ...
    Could we get married!?!? :D :D

27. R-U-N-N-O-F-T

R-U-N-N-O-F-T
    from Missouri

So why isn't Annika speaking for herself, here? Is she not a registered HAMBer? Probably thinks she's too good for the likes of us--she wouldn't be wrong--Brava, Annika Brava
    I especially like the Frankenstein-lookin' stitches on the chop

28. does your girl have a sister or 4
    i mean dam what a bad ass chick great looking car

29. Man, that think turned out great! I saw it at AI, and loved it.

Dave... you're one heck of a husband!

Sam.

30. av8

av8

Outstanding how-to. She does it all, doesn't she? -- planning, learning, doing, and all with amazing commitment. I look forward to seeing the car at Bonneville. Outstanding!

Mike