Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects carpet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by reagen, Mar 31, 2021.

1. reagen

reagen

Does any one have a ideal when they are going to start sell auto carpet by more than one yard at a time, for those that don't know what a yard is it's 3 foot. Email the carpet manufacturer no reply . maybe some one works there and knows more Thanks Reagen

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Any local upholstery material supply houses in your area?
    Local for me, I went to a upholstery supply house and was able to buy automotive carpet by the yard from a large roll..cut off at what ever amount I wanted.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  3. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I have run into the same problem last year. Are you talking about ACC. They sell it and it`s 72 inches wide. Your local supplier is only 40 inches wide. If my memory is correct. Just pick up the phone and call them. You will get a faster response. The reason for the shortage is a high demand for carpet kits and a shortage of carpet from the mills.

4. 3quarter32

3quarter32

72 inches wide at my local upholstery supply.

5. reagen

reagen

Who might that be ?

6. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

In most cities, there are those upholstery shops. Some are strictly automotive, some for boats only and others for just household stuff. Usually, over in the corner of the shop, there are catalogs and samples of carpeting hanging from racks. If you need a certain amount with plain edges, the shop can get you any size you want.

But, the local big box hardware stores, like Lowe’s, has a carpet section that has a huge carpet section. They will take the specific size and have the piece of carpet made with a sewn in edge. We had one made from them and put it in our old house garage landing from the kitchen door. It covered the whole 4 foot area in front of the door and went from the big garage door to the backyard exit door. It had a non slip double sided tape added for no slippage. It was nice to step down into the garage with bare feet and feel a nice carpet underneath.

With the newest carpet cleaner, any automotive oils or grime will easily come off.
    upload_2021-3-31_7-5-52.png
    This stuff works on all carpet and rugs. It leaves no trace and it instantly cleans the soiled area. Follow the instructions and the stained carpet looks brand new. We even used it inside of one of our car’s carpet and did not discolor or damage the carpet.

Jnaki

We have stayed with one order from Lowe’s, but for other cushion, chair and various edging put on other carpets, you can't beat the small shop with more knowledge than the big box stores. The small upholstery shop in our neighborhood still gets our business (It has been around the south coastal region for many years) and has lasted through the pandemic blues.

The hot rod upholstery shop would probably be your best bet. But, if you are near any upholstery shop car or home, they should have a supply of automobile carpet samples. They can also finish them with a nice edging if needed. YRMV

chryslerfan55 and reagen like this.
  7. IDC Trim & Upholstery Supply

1340 South Danzler Rd., Duncan, SC, United States, 29334

(864) 485-0042

Email - [email protected]

They will sell you as many yards of carpet or upholstery as you want, good people to deal with.

I have purchased from these folks several times, I used them for Brenda's Ranch wagon & my old beater. HRP

chryslerfan55 and reagen like this.
  8. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just remember that carpet availability is affected by the supply issues currently facing many industries.

reagen likes this.
  9. reagen

reagen

Thank you so much

10. Last time I was at DCI there was hundreds of rolls of carpet, even with the economic outlook they seemed well stocked, but that's why I supplied the phone number and e-mail address.

No problem, I hope they can help. HRP