Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD - T/A V8 1927 Roadster on 1931 frame project car w/title

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by DesmoDog, Mar 12, 2021.

1. City: Ann Arbor

State: Michigan
    Price: 4800
    *** Sold ***

1927 Ford Roadster body on a 1931 Model A frame with a flathead V8 and 3 speed trans. Also includes the stock Model A engine/trans and a clear Michigan title in my name with numbers that match the Model A engine. There are no numbers on the frame that I could find. EDIT: I hadn't noticed this before but the title does list the body style as a pickup.

This car spent the last few years in my basement - I had to tear it apart to get it up to my garage and then put it back together again, so it's really no more than a mock up right now. Fasteners might not match, there may be three of six holding a part on, etc. This is a project.

Not interested in trades, thanks, I'm downsizing in prep for retirement. Contact me here for more info.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are a lot of things that go with it. I'll post more pictures as I drag things out for it but here is a start anyway:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Juice brakes - I've got a few more brake parts that aren't shown here.
    [​IMG]

Model A misc;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Model T take offs. All the original rust!
    [​IMG]

Body dolly
    [​IMG]

This is supposed to be for a '27 roadster, but it's not it's too narrow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: I have no idea why not all the pics are showing, maybe I have too many. I'll add more in a few days when it lets me bump the thread. For now you can right click on the "x" and choose open in new tab, or however it is your browser lets you do that.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    Grease348 and Jeff Pandora like this.
  2. I updated the original post to note the title lists this as being a pickup. It does not run. I had planned to convert it over to an earlier looking flathead so I do have an earlier distributor and pulleys etc for it. Also includes the 8BA distributor and other parts.

It looks like most of the pictures are showing now, I'll add more when I get the time to take them.

3. I'm not sure what the headlights are from. They have a marker light on top
    [​IMG]

Misc fasteners and things, old and new
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I was going to convert the flathead to an earlier look, so have an earlier distributor and plate.
    [​IMG]

The oil pan on the flathead is dented so here's a spare
    [​IMG]

This isn't all of it but you get the idea.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021

4. Car has been sold.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021