Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1935 grille bars or teeth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by reagen, Mar 26, 2021.

1. reagen

reagen

Good morning every one , I was curious if any one has made or Fabricated the Grille bars ,Teeth, slat on what ever you call them,on the 35 ford grille I have a few missing any help is grateful thanks

2. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Post a picture for us less informed.

3. Made all my grill bars after sectioning the grill shell 3 1/2 ' and fixing the rust and dents. Went to the local sheet metal dealer and had him cut me 30 strips and used his brake to bend them into a V channel(closed it up some more with a body hammer and bar stock). then tacked each one using the old cut off nub as the spacer, came out great. Put a horizontal bar across the mid point to strengthen the bars. I took a couple pics of a left over cut off of one of the grill bars I bent up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021

4. reagen

reagen

Thanks mrharley Guys like you make this site great and what it is , Any help is good . I will give this a try .

5. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

I bought a pretty rough 39 grill off eBay for $25 and cut out the bars I needed..this was years ago..

6. That's a good tip by mrharley51. You can also buy off-the-shelf, 1/4" U-channel in steel or aluminum....... or stainless if you want a chrome look. All easy to find on the 'net. The shape is pretty stable and individual pieces are replaceable.

7. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

I made jigs out of flat plate strips for shaping the curves.

8. reagen

reagen

Got Any pictures of that jig

9. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

No pics, but i took 1/8 inch thick strips and cut curves into the shapes i needed, then formed the pieces over them. On the 35 i had to make small relief cuts as the bottoms were curved more than others. the dodge, plymouth and ford [all34s] swoop out on the bottoms. and alot easier.

10. reagen

reagen

Maybe i should change the head line in this post , To what color socks do you wear in the garage ?

11. reagen

reagen

made a few bars for repair of 35 grille

Attached Files: