Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Whatever happened to Wynn.s Friction Proofing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

http://www.powerupusa.net/

stillrunners and Boneyard51 like this.
  2. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

I worked at a Gulf station in the mid 60's and we sold a product called Dri-Power. Used it in my 57 292 Chev all of the time. I swear it gave me seat of the pants horsepower.

3. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I worked in my brother's Texaco station in Miami in '64-'65 and we sold Wynns Friction Proofing. Wynns had a promotion going on and if you sold a certain number of cans (each can had a plastic ring inside that you saved) you got a white Wynns jacket with a large logo on the back. The jacket finally fell apart but I saved the logo. I know its somewhere in my stuff but I haven't seen it in years

4. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Penetrator likes this.
  5. saltracer219

saltracer219

I met all of those guys at Gale Banks' gatherings, not only do they have a great product and know marketing, they are the nicest people you could ever want to meet. Ed Sr. and Zeke worked for Kurtis Race Cars in the early days. R.I.P. Ed Sr and Zeke!

Boneyard51 likes this.
  6. Zeke was Frank's first employee when Kurtis Kraft started up after the war. Then Ed hired on and the brothers worked skinning the new KK midgets.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021