Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not a bad nights work for one guy! pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoof, Aug 2, 2006.

1. hoof

hoof

I work second shift, and I am the only person on the planet (it seems) working on my car after midnight. I have to do everything by myself. The goal for the night was to get the old motor out of the chassis, and the chassis up on the lift. It damn near killed me but I managed. Used a chain hoist over the beam in the garage to pull the motor. Used the winch on the four wheeler and a pulley to pull the chassis up on the lift. Actually I could all but push the chassis up the lift, but I needed something to hold it there until I jacked it up, and the winch worked well. Had a little bit of a pucker factor because I didn't bother to move the Mustang outside first, so if the chassis would have let go it would have rolled right into it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

3. hoof

hoof

'49 F1, good eye.

4. Wow, an old alignment rack. I miss working off one of those. The shop I worked at also had a pit under it. It was great for all that under car stuff.

5. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

I remember doing stuff like that alone years ago! Good Luck! You're off to a good start!

6. I know all about working alone Hoof. I always work in the middle of the night too. An added tidbit is that I live in the middle of nowhere, so help is never around. I take extra time to make it safe, and chain falls and hoists are really your best friends. You probably already know this, but always wear eye protection. It's a bitch to drive 30 miles with one good eye while holding a rag over the other. One advantage of night work is that you don't get alot of non-helpful help.

7. Wild_47

Wild_47

Looks like a good setup you got goin there. I work at night too when im not too tired after a normal day shift. cant wait to follow the progress on this. good luck & have fun.

8. Powerband

Powerband

'Been workin second shift for 24 years and workin' on my cars the whole time. Now I'm in the boonies but I used to get guilty running a grinder or air wrench with neighbors working days :D

Powerband :cool: