Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

302 GMC *europe*

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by the pinstriper, Jul 22, 2020.

1. the pinstriper

the pinstriper
    from duxford UK

City: cambridgeshire

State: International (Australia, Canada, etc...)
    Price: 1500.00
    Now onto the biggest regret of the clear out my 302 GMC six *the holy grail of 6s*. If your a inline 6 fan I don't need to hype it, here's your chance to upset the v8 guys with 2 less cylinders. snippet off of wiki -* Power listed in 1959-160 HP @ 3600 rpm; torque 268 lbs ft @ 1600 rpm.*

I ported this a couple years back when I was planning a single seater build, now I have the coupe I need some funds to put into more product development- otherwise it would just sit there under the blanket in the corner of the shop for one day when im 105 and have some time on my hands.

Short block is all stock, im going to be brave and say it all turns over- I can't turn it over myself on the stand due to the bit of wood I placed under the front stand to stabilise the motor as I move it around myself, I didn't have a second pair of hands to remove it, I tried and nearly ended up rolling the entire motor over on the stand. I know there's no push rods in the motor but there's some in the box of bits. This is exactly how I purchased it- the hard is a J head, its only resting on top of the motor, I have a full walk around video of the block with the head off, and the head itself.
    As you can see in the photos of the piles of parts I have, front motor mount bracket, breather, oil filter housing, 2 generators, 2 starts, bell housing (t5 bolt pattern) 3 speed Borg Warner gearbox (forgot to grab part numbers, maybe able to zoom on the photo- come from a 60s muscle car I believe, from memory its heavy duty box which they put behind big blocks) 2 starters- one of which has all the linkage for the foot stomp start set up. clutch and flywheel is a 4 bolt from the smaller series, I have read you can redrill to the 6 bolt fitting for the 302 crank, again you can do your own research.

fancy bits- new recast Thickstun timing cover and pushrod cover, from the chap on US eBay who recasts parts from the old patterns.

5 carb howard intake - SOLD

I have included cast number photos too, quite rare for the block to be stamped 302 only. the block is dates 55-62

£1500

[​IMG]302-1 by joe curtis, on Flickr

[​IMG]302-2 by joe curtis, on Flickr

[​IMG]302 by joe curtis, on Flickr

[​IMG]gmc by joe curtis, on Flickr

[​IMG]howard 2
    by joe curtis, on Flickr

[​IMG]gmc-4 by joe curtis, on Flickr

[​IMG]gmc howard by joe curtis, on Flickr

[​IMG]gmc ports by joe curtis, on Flickr

[​IMG]gmc parts 2 by joe curtis, on Flickr

[​IMG]gmc 302 by joe curtis, on Flickr

[​IMG]gmc 3 speed by joe curtis, on Flickr

[​IMG]gmc by joe curtis, on Flickr

[​IMG]GMC prts by joe curtis, on Flickr

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    1Nimrod, flyin-t and Stovebolt like this.
  2. the pinstriper

the pinstriper
    from duxford UK

3. the pinstriper

the pinstriper
    from duxford UK

4. the pinstriper

the pinstriper
    from duxford UK

5. the pinstriper

the pinstriper
    from duxford UK