Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pacific Raceways Swap Meet 03/06/2021

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Hello Guys, So some friends and I were lucky to enjoy the swap Saturday.. We all had bought our tickets ahead of time online. (sign the online covid & release waivers) It was a
    funny swap.. Cold yes , small slice of normal during a pandemic ( masked up for sure). Saw a lot familiar faces and got to talk and catch up.. Didn't come away with much.. A couple of 16" trim rings ( thank you to @Chris ) mint Pierce County , Wa 1936 license plate for my 3W.. and Kettle Korn for snacks ( crud no scones !) But was nice to get out and stretch the legs...Now the bad . I had heard around 9:45am or so that the powers to be stopped letting people in the gate.. I'm not sure what happened there.. not going to speculate to that , it sucks There was a lot of angry folks who drove their waiting in line only to be turned away.. I don't blame them either.. I would have been.. anyone else here go ?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Jalopy Joker and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. anyone else make it out there, before they shut off entry ?

3. I was there right when the gates were opened.
    First opportunity for us, in quite a while to attend a swap meet.
    I'll speculate..signs posted that masked were required, yet several people, including some vendors weren't masked up..maybe that was the reason.
    Apparently "mask required", only means some of us, but not all of us.
    F**K Covid!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. I got there just after the gates opened with friends... I noticed that as well ...alot of people complied with
    the mask wearing.. I just distanced myself and some booths didn't stop if the vendor had no mask on..

chryslerfan55 and Jalopy Joker like this.

5. pontman

pontman

Wanted to go but just could get away. How many venders were there?

6. uncle buck

uncle buck

IMG_9995.JPG
    The story I heard from several people in attendance later in the day was that they allowed about 200 buyers in initially and then shut the gates. We were in the back section had been surprised by the light turnout all morning. We were unaware of everything happening on the front side. The rumor going around was that the club putting it on was hit with a $30,000 fine also. I certainly hope that was a rumor only.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. uncle buck

uncle buck

There were actually a lot of vendors

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw photos from two or three sources and it looked like there were a lot of vendors. Total nonsense to shut it down when it is all out in the open and there aren't any confined areas where people would bunch up.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    chryslerfan55 and bob b. like this.
  9. People were "bunched up" in the popular vendor booths, as is always the case at swap meets..the long line to get in was all "bunched up" no space between people (I allowed space in front of me, but people were right next to me behind me).
    It's a shame that people didn't abide by the rules put forth..which now I'm sure will put us farther back in the hopes of having any more car events in our state (which we made the choice to live in).

10. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really miss being able to go to the Portland Swap Meet, it's cancelled again this year!

11. uncle buck

uncle buck

I don't think any of this had any effect on what happened.

12. It was a good time . I just avoided the space if there was a large group .. then just went back when is was clear of alot people.. not sure to what happened.. we may never know exactly..

13. uncle buck

uncle buck

I'm sure Bob Ferguson could explain if asked