Register now to get rid of these ads!

TH350 help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OldCarPilot, Jan 4, 2004.

1. OldCarPilot

OldCarPilot
    from Bel Air MD

I have aquired a TH350 and have a question on it.
    The place on the tranny where the shifter linkage goes onto doesn't click into what would be each gear as you spin it. On my powerglide it has a definate click. I've never had a TH350 out of a car before so I don't know if this is normal or not. It doesn't seem right to me.

Any info would be great!

2. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Sounds like sumthins' wrong...a TH350 normally has "detents" that you can feel as you rotate the selector through the different positions.

Look for stripped splines or some other problem with the lever outside the tranny.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  3. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

Yes you are right,you need detents clicks.Flip trans over and remove pan your problem will be eas,y to see.Just cam "rooster comb" and spring with roller on end ,real simple

olscrounger likes this.
  4. OldCarPilot

OldCarPilot
    from Bel Air MD

Great thanks for the info. I haven't taken anything apart yet. I just got it today and didn't have the energy to get into it. If I do decide to do a rebuild about how much do shops generaly charge? I don't know that I would want to tackle that my self.

5. Once you remove the pan you'll see where the shifter shaft enters the trany..., you should see a arched spring with a bolt attaching the spring to the transmission.

From what you're saying I'm guessing either the spring is broken or it fell off because the bolt backed out! [​IMG]

If these aren't causing the problem..., I suggest the you pm "shifts" on the HAMB and he will have the right answers for your problem. [​IMG]

Mark

6. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Crosley will know, too.

7. shifts

shifts

Wingnutz is right, its either the detent spring broken or the nut has come loose that attaches the rooster comb to the shift shaft.Either one is a real easy fix. Dave

olscrounger likes this.
  8. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Just fixed my rooster comb today by tightening that nut up! Thanks Shifts!! If only I hadn't spilled an Exxon Valdeez amount of trans fluid in the proces...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. .......I'm sure he would appreciate the thanks, but @shifts hasn't been on here in 7 years!!!:eek:

squirrel likes this.