Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bought one and sold one. UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by timwhit, Jan 3, 2021.

1. I really didn't plan on buying/selling three cars over the last few years but that's what has happened. Always wanting the optimum hotrod I guess. Sold my sedan this past tueday, now headed full time in to the phaeton I bought in september.
    Need to sell off some parts I don't need to make space in my garage.. I'll be selling the original front and rear axles along with all the right hand drive stuff along with the engine and trans.
    I have gotten a few things acomplished on the phaeton. Had to doa transplant on the cowlvent opening and rockers and cowl patches. Filled lots of holes in the firewall. 20201130_174610.jpg 20201130_175906.jpg 20201209_125227.jpg 20201227_161411.jpg 20201106_155133.jpg I'll post a few pics for ya.

2. i really liked you sedan Tim but I know you will turn the phaeton into a car that stands head's and shoulders about the old sedan. HRP

3. rusty valley

rusty valley

a model 40 open car is what boys dream about

timwhit and kidcampbell71 like this.

4. More please. I need some motivation to start on my tub.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As much as I like that Sedan it I love those 33/34 phaetons. What's the master plan if we may ask?

6. brady1929

brady1929

Ohh, I don't know if I could have sold the sedan if it was mine. It's amazing.

timwhit and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. I really appreciate you letting me take a look at your sedan back in September, Even though I didn't have the cash to buy it. Really enjoyed talking with you that day. Hope it went to a good home.

Next time I'm in Louisville I hope I can stop over and look at your phaeton!

8. Here's a brief update. Brief cause I'm going by memory!!

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. Top pic is a hunk of lead I melted out of ONE dog leg where the rockers meet the wheel well. The rockers had a thick coating also. Second pic is a block I had to make to go in the left cowl foot. I don't think you can buy these. Third shows cowl patch and rocker about done. Fourth one is a section of floor that came with the car. I had it blasted and recently welded up a bunch of holes and tears. Pics five and six are right after priming cowl. Seven is a pic a friend brought me. My roadster at the '89 nats in Lou. Pic eight is a set of bent spoke Kelseys a friend gave me. I actuall sold the wheels to him @ '90. He had two sets and called me and told me to come get a set!!

10. I knew this had to happen sooner or later but it was not easy.
    Didn't know I was so attached to the sedan!!! The welding clamps in pic two have made my butt welding experience MUCH better. I bought my pars from Tom Bay at R&J Ent. in Arkaansas City Kansas. Great guy to deal with.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. Mitch: I appreciate you coming by for a visit. The Phaeton is slowly taking shape.

chryslerfan55 and streetrodder51 like this.
  12. Fresh pics above. Mr. 48 chev. I am strongly NOT wanting to cut the firewall. I have this thing about having a really slick stock firewall after cutting @ 4/5 of them over the years. That limits what I can do of course. I'm not opposed to a V6 at all. All that said, if I could run across a348/409 that didn't break the bank I would use one.

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.