Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Mart's update: 2021 No9. 32 Sedan Project Pt. 29. Early Ford 3 speed trans build continues +Extras!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mart, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Mart

Mart

Hello welcome to this week's video from Mart's Garage. Your one stop shop for useless flathead facts. The seismic surge of the project keeps pushing on. This weeks collection starts with trying to bring back a work shifter fork back to useful service. I then show something that illustrates a handy by-product of putting your work out there for all to see. People taking tome to let you know when you miss something. I then get to grips with buttoning up both ends of the gearbox. All done without gaskets to try and limit end play, in an effort to reduce the tendency to jump out of 2nd. Will it work? I dunno. Then a brief little show and tell of a tool I made from a scrap broken chisel. And finally I finish the gearbox build by getting the UJ in place and all lubed up. Hope you find something interesting or at least entertaining. Look after yourselves and I'll catch you next time. Mart.

2. getow

getow

:cool:Thanks for sharing and good eye to da gasket catcher.

3. SPEC

SPEC

Another great tech session.

4. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Mart. Your project posts are an inspiration to us. Keep them coming!

5. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Mart. Interesting the way you identify and solve problems.
    Jim

6. Mart

Mart

Cheers for the feedback fellas.
    Here's a bump for Sunday.

7. junkman8888

junkman8888

It might have been better to use brass rather than steel when adding material to your shifter forks, as it wears the brass would pose less of a hazard to bearings. As always, great tech.

8. Mart

Mart

Yeah, maybe, Junkman, I don't know. I can always take the top off and inspect after xxx miles. It's an experiment. It can always be ground down and redone with braze. Good comment though, I hadn't thought of that aspect.

9. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Great job , Mate

10. Mart

Mart

Thanks Dave.