Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Show us your pics of Route 66

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Almostdone, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

Tucumcari, NM...a town frozen in time. The Blue Swallow Motel, restoration started many years ago. The guy
    re-did the neon, back to original..It is really cool!! It is a courtyard motel. Gravel horseshoe layout. There is
    a common refrig. in the office to store your beer. Everyone leaves everyone's alone. Play ladder ball at night
    in the driveway, sit in comfy chairs and meet your neighbors over beverages. Not much happening in town,
    but lots of old buildings and sights to see. Did a road trip with my two sons. Great memories!! blue 1.jpg blue 2.jpg blue 3.jpg

Lil32, RMR&C and Dave Mc like this.
  2. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

3. hudson48

hudson48

Here are some from the trip I did in 2018 when I brought the Hudson over to USA. P1050811 (Medium).jpeg P1050814 (Medium).jpeg P1050815 (Medium).jpeg P1050819 (Medium).jpeg P1050850 (Medium).jpeg P1050851 (Medium).jpeg P1050872 (Medium).jpeg P1060112 (Medium).jpeg P1060113 (Medium).jpeg

4. 34Larry

34Larry

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Needles and Barstow and the phrase "never looked so good" should NEVER be said in polite company. Traveled through both on my way to and from Az. for over 15 years and neither one, EVER in all their being, looked "good".

5. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

My 2+2 at Roy's in Amboy.

IMG_1077.JPG

Oilguy, Lil32, RMR&C and 2 others like this.
  6. Holy shit! You're Hudson is badass!! I love it!

Lil32 and Almostdone like this.
  7. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope you didn’t have to buy much fuel there! I bought a bunch of stuff in the station, then went to the Post Office across the street to mail a few Post Cards. The Post Office is open when the Post Master happens to be there - perfect!

john

Lil32 likes this.
  8. sunbeam

sunbeam

9. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

Just there for the photo op. I think gas was over $5 a gallon! I did have a Route 66 root beer there though.

Almostdone likes this.
  10. lake_harley

lake_harley

I don't have any photos of things along Route 66, but I do have these 2 photos of what I believe to be actual, un-molested Route 66. Looked like original concrete slab (never repaved) with narrow divider between East and West bound lanes, complete with the sloped curbing that was done back then. I took these on a motorcycle trip a few years ago and if I remember correctly it was a stretch just this way for 4 to 6 miles. Oh, if only the road could talk! Location was just East of Waynesville, MO.

Lynn

Route 66  (1).JPG Route 66 (2).JPG

11. Lil32

Lil32

12. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-3-3_4-34-11.png
    San Felipe de Neri Church

Hello,

One year, my wife and I just decided that a nice summer road trip would give us a different outlook on parts of the USA. She wanted to go see her old house(s) in the OKC and surrounding areas. On the way there, was a stop that she could not miss, a military school in New Mexico in a somewhat oddball town called Roswell.

We decided to take as much of Route 66 as would be available to us. We had been to the official start of Route 66 so many times in Santa Monica, that we decided to start across the So Cal landscape to the East.
    upload_2021-3-3_4-35-6.png
    So, from So Cal to New Mexico was the first big leg and possibly the only leg heading Eastward. On the way back from the Eastern Seaboard, we were going to get on Route 66 from Chicago and follow it back to the Westcoast. Big plans for a cross country road trip to “See the USA, but not in a Chevrolet…” ( Our travels Eastward got turned around near St. Louis. We took a different route from Kansas City and headed West on I-70, instead.)

Our own family history involved an antique phase, old furniture and designs, including a 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery. Since old architecture was part of the phase, we definitely stopped at one of the historic old town Albuquerque’s main attraction. The San Felipe de Neri Church.

Jnaki

While visiting the area, this old structure stood out as if it were back in the real old days of our USA history. It was impressive. The structure was part of Old Town Albuquerque and the food in the area was also top notch. Although, we decided to stay Route 66, we had to make a detour to Roswell, NM and then up the dry brush area through Texas to the OKC.

Almostdone and Lil32 like this.
  13. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

IMG_3623.JPG IMG_3625.JPG IMG_3626.JPG IMG_3627.JPG IMG_3629.JPG Today, Devils Elbow, Missouri-U.S. Post office and market. Next, Spencer, Missouri-the entire business district is under one roof.

Almostdone and Lil32 like this.