Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Flathead Fenton intake carb linkage

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 65standard, Feb 25, 2021.

1. 13D90B8D-DA70-4335-8B9B-A467DEF98789.jpeg I’m using an old Fenton 2x2 intake on my ‘32. I don’t like the way the throttle linkage angles down. I’m thinking about using some 2” aluminum spacers and 1/2” phenolic thermal spacers to help level out the linkage angle.

What are others doing about the severe linkage angle with this intake?
    Any pros or cons in adding the spacers?

2. chris5160

chris5160
    from minnesota

Sorry this is the wrong place but I had a few questions.
    Did you finish the 53 truck? What about the COE? Are you doing complete build picks for 32 3 window? I see you where gone a while just taking a break? Love all your builds, trying to get my 53 kicked off center. I removed the back of my cab due to 100's of dents and then it came to a grinding halt. Love how you dropped cab, trying to decide if I could pull off the hood refit. I'm 54 years old so right around your age, for fyi. I was going to use a Camaro sub frame, but they look so ugly grafted to frame. I believe your front end works so much better boxing frame and using. Where did you find the 1975 E150 front bumper? I love what you did to it.

Thanks,
    Chris Schroeder