Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects LIMEY KID UPDATE

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Limey Kid, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Graham ‘Stewart’ Woollard of Lansing passed away on Friday, February 5, 2021 after a long arduous battle with a rare form of cancer. Despite the many challenges of chemotherapy and cancer, Stewart maintained a positive, upbeat outlook. Stewart will always be remembered for his contagious laughter and winning smile. Known for his bold personality and color palette, he was more often than not seen wearing his trademark colors of bright orange or lime green. An avid story teller, Stewart led an extraordinary life and brought joy to many he encountered.

He was born in Liverpool, England on June 23, 1958 and lived in England for 34 years before immigrating to America. He earned a Bachelors of Education degree from Shoreditch College, Surrey, England. Stewart always had a soft spot for children with special needs and spent his years teaching in the UK working with these children to help them find success. In 1992, pursuing his passion for cars and a life ambition, he built a hot rod and drove it coast to coast across the United States. Along the way, Stewart made many new lifetime friends, adding to the many whom he never forgot in England. Most importantly, he met his future wife Lisa (Ashley), marrying her in 1993. In 1998 they had a daughter together, Hannah, who was and continues to be their pride and joy.

Stewart worked both professionally and personally as a craftsman builder of replica hot rod car bodies and then later, as an automotive technologies teacher and mentor for Eaton County RESA students. He was a proud member of the East Coast Sidewinders Car Club and Vintage Hot Rod Association, both of England. One of his proudest accomplishments was to set two track records at the former Wilmington Raceway in Ohio with a car that he designed and built with the help and support of his many friends. Stewart believed that hot rods were meant to be driven not just displayed, and could often be sighted driving around town in his 1933 Ford coupe.

He is survived by his loving wife Lisa, their daughter Hannah, and his older brother, Ian Woollard. Stewart was preceded in death by his older sister, Susan, and his parents, Fred and Jean Woollard. He leaves behind many special friends and family. He will be sorely missed.

In lieu of flowers, caring friends and family may wish to make a donation in Stewart’s memory tohttps://www.gistsupport.org/about-gist-support-international/donate/ or https://liferaftgroup.org/donate-2/.

#FTC

I can be reached through FB under Lisa Woollard to answer any questions, share stories, etc. I know some of his friends will have questions about arrangements. FB or Stewart's phone will be the best way to connect with me.

Jet96, slim38, flynbrian48 and 7 others like this.
  2. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

3. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

Bought a '33 sedan from Stewart many years ago. His voice was like laughter. R.I.P.

Fordors and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. charlesf

charlesf

Stewart was an English gentle man. It was my honor and pleasure to be called his friend, one of many to be sure. He was full of wit, charm and even a sort of roughly cast grace. He was quick to help whenever I was in a quandary during my Fauxbanger project. When we last spoke I told him that I had a '35 Ford spare tire cover which he could have to make a pair of cycle fenders. His situation turned for the worse, though, so I still have it. If anyone wants it, it's here, free for the taking so long as you promise to put it on an appropriate car, a car that Stewart would have built. I don't want to see it hanging on my wall or anyone else's. It should have been on Stewart's car.
    Godspeed, Stewart. Cheers, mate!

Chuck

kidcampbell71 and Fordors like this.

5. My Condolences....Sounds like a great guy....

6. 31Apickup

31Apickup

My condolences to his family and friends

7. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

A life well lived to the fullest. My parent's are from Northern England and these people have a fortitude beyond compare. Rest in peace Stewart.

8. Sorry to read....sounds like a guy you'd want to know.....

9. goldmountain

goldmountain

I remember his trip around America in 1992 when I saw his Anglia at "back to the fifties".

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

X2

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Indeed, very sad day. Mu condolences to all.

12. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

13. I commented on the other thread.

Always appreciated Stewart's posts. Straight to the business, informative, creative stuff .. that worked in the real world.

Old time HAMB'r. Old time HAMB. His ilk is irreplaceable, here .. and most definitely more importantly .. AT HOME.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine how you feel. Wish words were more valuable, than just a read. They surely aren't.

Of all his posts here, he frequently took pause, to discuss his family and friends' adventures. Loved you much.. That's the magic here. Feeling you know someone far beyond their expertise.

Positive thoughts, and prayers .. for you, and all you love. God bless you all.

Fordors and RidgeRunner like this.
  14. adam401

adam401

Sad news indeed. Condolences to his family.

15. Rest in Peace Stewart.Condolences to family and friends. Stewart was a truly nice guy....I'll miss him in my travels.

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

17. Loved his Anglia! RIP

18. neds29

neds29

"a fortitude beyond compare". Says it all.

19. redoxide

redoxide

Condolences to family and friends .

I recognise Stewarts name but never met him .

I have posted a link to this page for the information of folk on the VHRA although I think they may know through other social media platforms .

20. HarryT

HarryT
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to Stewart's family and friends.
    Jim