Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Let's have our own 84th anniversary event for the 40 ford...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moriarity, Feb 10, 2015.

1. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

2. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

3. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_5130.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

putz, 4tford, Dave Rondou and 20 others like this.
  6. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

7. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

8. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Curing In The Desert Sun... 147072163_3782885891773178_1192277337148513166_o.jpg

9. Woodie

Woodie

WOW.!! I can like this. !! That's a real "Hot Rod Forty" Great pic's Al.!! Thanks for the post.
    Steve & Patty.

10. Woodie

Woodie

Where in the world did you find this.? You've been doing some serious & through searching to come up with this.!! It was done some year's ago by our local paper. It was fun to do, and most of it is correct. We have been doing this for along time and still enjoying it.!! The paper was looking for info on "twins" and what they do together, when they found us.!! The Reporter was pretty thrilled with our story.!! "Ole Car's" can be fun, and the people that you meet.!! Thank's "arkiehotrods" for this post.!!
    Steve.

11. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

12. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

We have always had two cars for two people. It has always been a thing to have a play toy, but our garage circumstances limited the choices. When we were able to buy a large house with a three car garage, our hopes for something cool to fit into the empty stall was going to come to fruition. We started looking high and low for our next adventure together, including another hot rod if we could find one that we would be able to change it to our liking and reliability.

So, the huge 3000 sq ft house was so our son could move back home from college and that my wife’s dad would have a place to stay. (Boy, that was going to be some…thing !) But, we decided that one big house for 4 people and possible 3 cars was ok for our family situation. Then as fast as we bought the house, had it set up the way we wanted it, with plenty of room to spare, things happened in quick succession. Our son said he was going to move to an apartment with a couple of his friends from work and the grandfather said he wanted to live in his own house by himself. (whew…that is a story in itself until the senior living era started.)

So, we had this huge house and a 3 car garage just waiting for our next project. Well, we ended up with another adventure project, but it was sitting in the Dana Point Harbor (then, the San Diego Harbor) waiting for us to go sailing every week. This was something we could both do together and the days of individual activity was altered to accommodate the family adventures together, type of activities. So, out goes the necessity of the third car garage for the present time.

Jnaki

Many years later, a nice build of a 1940 sedan would be fine, as we grew up together buying our first hot rod and repairing it to make it our road worthy transportation. Our eyes and pocketbook were on this green 1940 Ford two door sedan.
    upload_2021-2-8_4-10-8.png
    But, since it recently sold to someone in So Cal, hope it gets plenty of cool driving miles weekly. That was our pandemic plan for that sedan. Short neighborly trips to the bank, gas stations, check out the beach, etc, plus, a longer drive on days that allow for it, during the limited outdoor time restrictions.

Whether we actually buy one or not, that is a question as it would be very hard to get rid of our current paid for, trouble free, sporty car & station wagon to make room for a cool hot rod station wagon or sedan. Being reliable and having the family cars paid for is hard to over come with more responsibility.

upload_2021-2-8_4-13-46.png
    So, money not being spent monthly because we don't take those long road trips and vacations, is a good sign that the funds might be available for a future purchase during these times.

We are now focusing on owning a Candy Apple Red 40 two door sedan that is set up almost the same as the green So Cal version. We saw an old Chevy sedan delivery being trailered and my wife liked the bright look of the Candy Apple color that made the sedan delivery stand out across the intersection in South OC. The prices are good, so those well built ones sell fast, even during this awful pandemic.

Since we have owned 2 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery hot rods, the lack of a back seat during these days of cruising around it more important than ever. We were a couple and that sedan delivery was a perfect car for the both of us. But, whenever we visited someone or family, we drove ourselves to the gathering. That was the way we liked it then.

Now, we have a granddaughter who loves going all over the place. So, a comfortable back seat is mandatory in any car purchase. Our current small station wagon and sporty coupe have comfortable seating, are fast, and include, tons of safety. But, the classic look 2 door 1940 Ford Sedan is just asking for us to get the program moving along. Eating a candied apple to match our own candy apple sedan would be something, that is for sure.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  13. Nice story { JNAKI } I've always wanted a 40 Ford myself. It's one of my favorite body styles. I posted some photos of my friend Pats cool 40. But it was a long time ago. It was his first car as a teenager in 1958. So here's a few if ya missed seeing them. I got the pickup from a friend. But it's to rough to build. So I been letting friends use it for parts. Ron.... 1391.jpg 1381.jpg 1386.jpg 1396.jpg 1387.jpg 1385.jpg 1170.jpg

14. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

15. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

16. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

I like it except for the wires

verde742 and enloe like this.
  19. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

When David Mock build his fantastic 40 wires where all the rage. Still looks great.

20. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Even with wires on it, I would still take it. I've only liked wires on the 30's cars; glad wires went out. But it's still a beautiful car, best flames I ever saw on a 40.

straykatkustoms likes this.
  21. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

is it just me or are the big tires on the front and the littles on the rear????

23. ....It's not just you, Mark!:confused:

verde742, chryslerfan55 and Moriarity like this.
  24. Love the car, but that tire arrangement has me very puzzled.o_O

Moriarity likes this.
  25. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

The front fender looks too big compared to rear fender as well. Heck, the whole back end of the car looks like it wasn't sanforized.

26. I'm seeing the same thing. Darn kids and their front wheel drive cars don't know that the bigs go on the back. LOL

That photo shows why '40 Fords need fat tires out back on at least a 6" wide wheel.

27. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes it looks like it, must be angle. Here are other pictures of the Coupe and it looks right. I was fixed on checking out the one taillight. I'd love to run one tail light on my sedan but keep thinking its not very smart if you drive them...

151589495_1410962799296090_9105619348278351086_o.jpg

151279099_1410962939296076_8301325492784159936_o.jpg

28. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

something still looks wrong to me about those pictures, seems like a photoshop the 3/4 view looks like the passenger rear tire is missing? the shadows look funny too

29. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lol! You are really messing with my brain. Now every time I see the picture, I'm thinking where is the passenger rear tire?