Register now to get rid of these ads!

who here works in the hot rod industry???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by breeder, Jul 29, 2006.

1. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ive tried to search for this and didnt find much... sooo....how many HAMBERS work in the hot rod scene???every part of it not just buildin cars....i myself do nuttin but waist bandwidth and dream of days when i can build my 78 projects!!;) :p so you folks doin it are my hero's!!!!:) !so step up and tell us who u r!!!!purty pleeze!!!!!:eek:

2. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

mebbe they wanna stay on the down low.

however, what exactly is the 'hot rod industry' within the confines of your post?

-W

3. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I asked this same question a couple of weeks back and got exactly 2 responces !My reason for asking was I would rather buy from guys on here than just any mailorder house.I was especially interested in anyone dealing with Model A/B parts as I'm planning on building an A powered ride

4. Wild_47

Wild_47

at our shop we mostly do restorations on muscle cars but im still hopin the occasional rod will come in. Other than mine i havent gotten to work on an actual customers rod but when that day comes i will be in heaven.

5. Carpet Bomber

Carpet Bomber
    from Minnesota

I think the people that are in the industry just don't want any nut swingers. They just want to stay on the DL.

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i work fer so and so..or, i do this... whats the big deal??? i would be proud to be apart of somethin great..me. im just a guy tryin to learn sumthin here...no toe steppin goin on!!!!! just wonderin who really gets to do this kinda gig fer a livin....nuttin more//////:eek: :)

7. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

woogeroo is right.

there technically is no hot rod industry. Industry by it's definition means large scale production. I wish there was hot rod industry, we would all have 32 fords all steel and stamped outta the factory for less than 9,000 bucks complete with chassis and all running gear.
    Especially desirably carbs would be cheaper and stuff like that. Since Labor is more expensive than technology now, i guess we're screwed

I would say, "Hot Rod business" or something like that"

but the opposite of the word industry

8. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

I own a custom hot rod building shop, and also am an asst Director for the Right Coast , as well as a member of SEMA. I guess you could say I was in the industry

9. 85-percent

85-percent

Never been to a SEMA Show, but seeing enough coverage on TV and in the mags give me the opinion that "industry" is indeed an appropriate term to be used in this case. That show is stout!

-85% Jimmy

10. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Ok, that makes sense. Spend yer cash in the community so to speak.

Maybe they can join the alliance action then..?

My thinking is if some people in here are masters of their particular area of hot roddin', and from the pics I've seen there are plenty of those folks in here... if they are 'known' hto rod/car guy/gal' celebrities... the 'net and forums like the HAMB make it possible for them to see what is going on in folks garages and maybe share some knowledge without it being a big production.

85-percent :

yeah the SEMA show is a industry thing for aftermarket parts... but it is for everything with wheels pretty much... from tires for everything to 4x4's, tuners, to drag racing, hot rods, customs, trucks, whatever. I was just trying to clarify what breeder was referring to as the 'hot rod industry'.

:D

-W

11. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I work in it at times for our motorsports/speed shop division. Last year a 68 Shelby, this year a 65 GTO. Soon to be doing some stuff on one of those Quality Metal 27 bodies I hope. Close enough?

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

okay then
    the hot rod arena
    the hot rod business
    the hot rod...umm...stuff????
    i think its pretty simple to see where i was tryin to go here...who on the HAMB has a part in the hot rod scene...be it, magizines, shops, art////hot rod stuff!!!;)

13. guess I missed the other threads asking "the question"

I work at A-1 Street Rods in Colorado Springs Colorado. We are a small shop, just the owner and his wife, me for the last six years, and as of this spring, a body/paint guy.

I work in the shop and behind the counter, or whatever else is needed.

14. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

15. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a police dog trainer.

Then I could buy a Von Dutch clothing franchise.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

16. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I not in the building stage now but I'm the backstage guy for the SharkAttak design by Geo Barris ..... www.barrisbuilt.com

17. evilone0528

evilone0528

I own a small shop calles East Coast Custom,in N.C.Mostly resto stuff,but ocasionaly we will do a hot rod.

18. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I work for Year One.
    GoFaster here does, too.
    -Brad

19. demonspeed

demonspeed

I worked in the industry building race engines until that shop went under. now im a fucking oil/tire changer at a local independent shop.(I hate it) But luckily im only 18 so im going to wyotech next year and after that I plan on working in the hot rod business. So i guess im on hiatus/training for the industry.

20. jerry sezar

jerry sezar

Hi,

I've been working in the "hot rod industry" since I was old enough to drive. My dad would send me over to his racing buddies to install cluches, simple wiring and tuning. I didn't make a lot of money but my dads friends would give me all of their old parts. As time and responsibilities grew (wife and child) a steady day job was necessary, but I worked every night on either my hot rod or the projects of others, at first in my garage, and then moved to a comercial location to keep the neighbors and police happy. After 24 years as a master machine builder by day I quit/retired/left and started running my shop full time, day and night. The money isn't great, but myself and my employees really enjoy doing what we do. Don't ever give up your dreams, make them a reality, it may take a long time. Practice welding, stripping, machining or whatever you do so when your chance comes up you'll be able to respond.

Jerry

21. skipstitch

skipstitch

22. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

I do.
    oops,sounds like we're getting married.

I ain't bashful,need parts? Call on me.
    I'm a 'Alliance" vendor.
    just got my homemade website up,
    www.riley-auto.com
    have way more but got tired of typing...need something? ask me.

23. Kaucher

Kaucher

I do I design customs and hot rods, wheels and other aftermarket products and illustrate for industry magazines. Kaucher

24. Carpet Bomber

Carpet Bomber
    from Minnesota

I dont work in the industry I report on it.

25. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

I own woodard racing and hot rods in okla , we do one off hot rods and race car chassis work.. turn key street rods etc and we only do one at a time full time.. ................:cool: since 1983

26. Sracecraft

Sracecraft

I work in motorsports. Have worked on a multi car sportsman drag race team. I currently do restorations on road racing cars, ie:sports thru GTP.

Craig