Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod Website

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by genebrownlow, Feb 6, 2021.

1. genebrownlow

genebrownlow
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Recently I decided to sell my old pickup and ten started looking for a replacement toy for my toybox shop. I ran across this website www.hotmusclecars.com and began searching through it for possible options. What I found was cars and trucks that looked really nice but the prices were what i consider to be unbelievable low. I even emailed questions to verify that it wasn't a typo.

My question is has anyone happened by this site and is it possible it's just a scam? Or am I off my rocker and the what I am seeing real and reasonable for today's pricing?

Not only pricing. If you do a search for cars and 1929 you'll see the same car at multiple cities.

Specifically this car https://www.hotmusclecars.com/details.php?id=20211&search_id=88306

Thanks for any feed back.

Stogy likes this.
  2. 2935ford

2935ford

Would it be the "If it sounds to good to be true.........."

Stogy likes this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Multiple listings are typical as I source a lot of images and the Hotrods for sale provide many shares for me...

That is ridiculously low...that I would sure be leery of indeed...

Maybe search the BBB for this site it may be a source for trouble...however many sites are legit and the scammers park their scummy asses in and litter them with BAIT...if you could actually see it and run a VIN that may help...but you may find nothing but excuses and only a request for a deposit...:eek:

Don't know about the legitimacy of this site below but it may be a genuine warning and good advise to heed...

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/hotmusclecars.com

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Joe Blow and brady1929 like this.
  4. Spex84

Spex84
    from Canada

I'm pretty darn sure these sites are mostly BS scam sites that re-post old for-sale ads gleaned from more legitimate sources.
    If I plug the description of that car into Google, it comes up with the same text posted on other sites, like "topclassiccarsforsale.com" and "truckhelp.com".
    If I pull a random ad from one of those sites and search the text in Google, the same ads come up on additional sites like "davidsclassiccars.com" and "smclassiccars.com"

These sites appear frequently in my search results too, because I'm constantly searching reference images for building model cars.
    Even if they land just one or two suckers, it's probably enough to keep them going.

I searched for "hotmusclecars.com domain information" and found it listed on ScamAdviser as 1% trusted, "low trust rating, this site may not be safe to use": https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/hotmusclecars.com
    From a comment there: "Scam, this website works with another scam escrow company eCarsMTM traders. They took $5720 from me. This is first hand knowledge. Hotmusclecars.com is an information gathering website. Stay away from both."

Take that with a grain of salt, but yeah...more than enough red flags to stay far, far away!

Joe Blow and Stogy like this.

5. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Maybe a generic search engine?

6. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Stogy likes this.
  7. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

If that car was for sale for that price, the owner could put it in the front yard with a sign on it and it would be gone in an afternoon. No need to go to the trouble of putting it on the internet. The bait is always a really good car for a really low, low price. It works. And the scammers know it.

Joe Blow and Stogy like this.
  8. Yep - did a search - and yes those cars look cheap - compared to what they are brining else where.

9. Oldb

Oldb

I suppose if one person out of 2,000 viewers goes for it that is all it takes. Like the emails involving a Arab prince.