Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beginning to race soon

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Jim Lato, Feb 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

So I have been studying drag racing for many years reading lots and lots, tips tricks, lift height..
    I’m getting very close to finishing the car, the 540bbc is coming here in a couple weeks, qa1 double adjustment coil over front tubular a arms, sub frame connectors, mono leaf Detroit speed rear end, Denny drive shafts, looking for a power glide and a good rear end setup yet. Will have a 15 gal fuel cell not only for street but to add weight if need be on the track, I do have a 6-71 blower debating putting on. 8pt roll cage, now I’m taping everything off to paint the front frame, cage and all that, put the interior back together. I’ve never drag raced on a track with anything. I’ve worked at rock falls raceway in Eau claire wi for a year and learned a bunch but I’d like to not wrap up the rear end and learn to transfer all weight to the ground and not blow the tires off. Would be pointless not to hook up right?
    My goal is to have her ready mid summer or at least testing out here in the country and learning what she does. The car was hit in the rear once. And I repaired it. But I’m afraid she’s gonna hook funny so I’m debating 4 link setup so I can adjust as much as I can. I do have coil overs for the back. Just don’t know how I want to go about this. I can’t find anyone in my area that gets into racing or that I know that would be willing to give me a hand building this car. So since 2012 I been building it by myself. I got weld mags on the front and aerospace brakes on the front but I gotta do the rear for rims and brakes yet.
    I’ve done a ton of research but experience is what I’m kind of looking for. Someone to say hey you don’t need that sway bar in the front or yes keep it, limiting straps or hard mount engine. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anyone in the area ? I just snapped my femur racing sled around here. Sold that and got another pickup truck for another project like I need more. So waiting for surgery to anchor tendons down so I can walk again and get back into working on this thing. Looking for advice, to become friends with drag people and support. Dream thing here and I’m getting excited but I want to do it right
    Thanks
    Jimmy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

Looking for a mentor or guidance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.