Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Used 39 Ford transmission - Exceptional condition

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by jailhousebob, Jan 22, 2021.

1. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois

City: mchenry

State: Illinois
    Price: $900.00
    I rebuild alot of these transmissions. Every now and then i get in a core that is so nice that i just sell it as is, for those guys that want to rebuild their own but start with a really nice complete unit. This is one of those. Out of long indoor storage form an old hot rodders parts collection this one has no rust inside or out. All the gears look excellent. The synchro hub and rings show almost wear, with nice sharp teeth. The inside is as clean as they come for a used transmission of this vintage.The vase is a true,short rib, 78 part# case. It has the 99a rear bearing retainer which does look like it was replaced at some point ( the color is slightly different from the case) . It has the 40 and later style clutch release shaft, which i can exchange for the early one on request. The top is the desirable 81a double detent unit with the 99a 3 inch shift fork to match the late style synchro. It comes with a very nice 39 "Swan" shifter that i would think would be easily chrome plated. It has the correct thick head shoulder bolts for the shift tower and the correct rear bearing retainer bolts that are cross drilled for safety wire.It is missing the clutch inspection cover and the throwout bearing hub, both of which i will supply to the buyer.So all the good stuff that traditional hot rodders want and in great condition. I would think that all this would need is a good cleaning and some new gaskets to be ready to go.Not cheap, but better that buying a crusty old swap meet trans that needs all kinds of parts. Price is $900.00 .Price includes a sturdy wooden crate but not shipping. I'm in illinois and these have been running around $200.00 to ship to the west coast and a bit less to the east coast. PM with any questions or more pics. Thanks for looking, Bob

Attached Files:

554coupe likes this.
  2. jailhousebob

jailhousebob
    from Illinois