Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Has anyone bought from member aledjandro 01

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brent Mills, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Brent Mills

Brent Mills

2. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never have had any dealings with him but he's been around almost 5 years. Also, per his profile he's 88 so he might not want anything to do with all that new fangled PayPal crap. Lots of members here only do USPS money orders. My gut feeling is that you should be OK but hopefully another HAMB'r will have had some actually dealings with
    @aledjandro01

Brent Mills, 302GMC and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. Just my way of thinking, this guy doesn't participate on the forum, he has 20 post and every one is in the classifieds, no one knows him. HRP

Brent Mills, XXL__, X38 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Showing 122 posts but every time he posts TTT is another count. As HRP says he doesn't participate in the forums but maybe he does not know anything car related for adding tech. Just here for a sale.

5. Budget36

Budget36

Sometimes you have to ask for a phone number and get a feel for the seller.

clem, rusty valley and bchctybob like this.
  6. bchctybob

bchctybob

That's just what I was going to say. Ask for a phone number and if he won't give it to you give him yours and ask for a call. If it seems fishy, pass.

7. Screenshot_20210128-210317_Chrome.jpg his first ad says he sold this car. His phone number is at the bottom you could try to call and have a talk.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’m sure there are members on here who live inTucson who could check the heads and him out...

Brent Mills likes this.
  9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is in Squirrel's AO.
    I'd contact the guy and ask if he will let someone go out and look it over and take photos for you and then contact Squirrel and ask nicely if he would do it and offer up gas and lunch money at least.
    My wife and I ran out 15 miles west of our place to look at a truck for someone in PA a few years back only to find out that it belonged to a couple I have known since I was a teenager long before they were a couple. I took about 100 photos, a video of it running and gave him my opinion and he bought it.

As far as the guy only posting stuff for sale and not participating with the group on the board, I'd say that is the norm rather than the exception. Wear you HAMB shirt or cap to a big swap meet and you get comments all day long as how guys check or sell in the classifieds but never check the board.

Brent Mills likes this.
  10. If you’re only using this place to sell and not participate at least you could have the decency to sponsor the joint as an alliance member.
    Some just like a free lunch though I suppose.
    IMHO

Budget36 and 51504bat like this.
  11. Brent Mills

Brent Mills

Good catch, thank you!