Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Wheels for 1952 Mercury

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by runewilliam_merc, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Hello! I have a 1952 Mercury that I plan to participate in a track race with this spring.
    I don't want to shred my whitewalls, so I have got some used 215/70-15 tires that I plan to use.
    The problem is that I cannot find any wheels (rims?) That I think fits AND looks decent.

I have checked Summit Racing, where I found a wheel that looked ok, but the backspacing was too little. I found a wheel that I think Will for, but I an not convinced that I Will like the look of all the round Holes.

Have any of you a suggestion what wheels that Will fit and where to buy?

The original wheels Are 15x5.5 with 5x 4.5 bolt pattern and 4" backspacing.

I want 15x6 with 5x4.5 bolt pattern and 4.5" backspacing to clear the rear wheelwells.

I am from Norway, so please don't be picky on my writing

Rune from Norway[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent fra min S52 via Tapatalk

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Also check Cokers web site as they list a lot of wheels.

4. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Rocket Scientist Chris

Rocket Scientist Chris
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A 5.5” wide wheel is OK for 215/7015 tire. Though, you may run into some clearance issues when mounting the wheel/tire on the rear of your car. Especially if you have lowered your car. I have 3” blocks on the rear of my ‘55 Mercury which makes mounting a 670-15 bias ply tire on the original wheel a super tight squeeze. It barely fits between the brake drum edge and the wheel opening lip. There’s no way a fat radial tire would ever fit!

6. Where are you located ? It helps us know where you are so that we can help you, locally if possible.

7. NicktheBandit

I live in Ås in Norway. It is about 20 kilometres south of Oslo

Sent fra min S52 via Tapatalk

guthriesmith likes this.
  8. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some time ago I sold a set of NOS 1940 Ford big truck front fenders and a hood to a guy in Norway. He deals with a shop in PA that ships parts to Norway one container at a time. The shop arranged for an independent trucker to pick up the parts and deliver them to PA. From there they got packed in the container and then off to Norway. Don't know what it cost but I'd think something like that would be cheaper than trying to ship 4 wheels by DHL to Norway. Regardless its got to be a PITA to not only find the parts you need but then have to pay big bucks to ship them and probably custom fees on top of everything else.