Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ardun Cylinder Heads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed Gems, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Back in 1975?

2. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Yes Bob George did tell me the reason why the heads were designed that way. George originally was designing the heads to be dual overhead cams however Zora did not like that idea saying it was to costly. So to please Zora the design was changed however George decided to at least designed the valve covers to give the visual appearance of the overhead cams. As we know that little cross push rod was the flaw in the design when the engine overrevved floating the valves.
    Ronnieroadster

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Funny how it is quicker to do a Google search than look for the original photo. I was walking through the swap meet at the East Hampton meet years ago with Mike Hart, this photo of an ARDUN 60 midget was in an album, Mike didn't want it so I added it to my collection. We'll never know if it was the midget Zora drove with the first 60 that I once owned, great looking car with a body that matches the rocker covers. My engine went to John Kovar of V8 Shop fame and was in a '32 Roadster, last I knew it was In California with an Roy Brizo customer. Bob

OIP (7).jpg