Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 40 Ford sedan delivery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by exterminator, Jan 11, 2021.

1. exterminator

exterminator

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Grab apocket full of money, and go look at it. Really need to put eyes on it.

3. exterminator

exterminator

I thought someone on here might want it.

4. sawzall

sawzall

A project with a lot of money that still needs to be spent..
    its not a bad price, but in my opinion, not a steal either..

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think it's a super deal if you want a high-tech Street Rod...not so much if you are into traditional rods

302GMC and Moriarity like this.
  6. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

It Seems Fair To Me After Having 11 Of Them If That Is What You Were Planning On Building Before And Keep In Mind It Is Really A Buyers Market These Days...Worth Pondering... 20953016_2017704415131987_5121273698155947723_n.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

It looks like a good project at what could be a fair price . Close inspection and a realistic look at your skills and or your pocket book are required before making it yours.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  8. Someone with a desire to own a Street Rod version of a '40 Sedan Delivery would be well on their way..probably more of those people than us traditional types.

Projects can be tough to sell, people don't always possess the vision, skill or motivation to carry it out..therefore typically a deal can be had.
    The price seems reasonable with the information provided, would have to see it in person.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  9. exterminator

exterminator

I think that would be a good way to get into a ford delivery and a lot cheaper way then some i have seen here. For the record, i am not interested myself .

10. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-1-13_4-16-15.png
    Hey E,

That certainly looks like a great start. It does not matter what parts are under the hot rod. It can be as traditional on the outside as any old sedan delivery. If we (or anyone) saw this primered version road worthy and cruising down the street, we would all take a good look and perhaps break out our digital cameras for a photo.
    upload_2021-1-13_4-17-4.png
    Having owned 2 different but similar in looks 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery hot rods over a teenage and 20 something era, they were very cool to drive and own. They were both sold when the time came to do family stuff and since then, they have been in the back of our minds and memories.
    upload_2021-1-13_4-17-39.png
    These days, if we were 20 years younger and had a third car garage, that sedan delivery would be in that 3rd garage. The price is right for continuing or getting a start on doing the detail and final steps to making it a road worthy hot rod. Everyone, including my wife liked Lee Bright’s yellow 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery. If it had not just been finished, my wife would have bought it on the spot, when we saw it in San Diego, many years ago.
    upload_2021-1-13_4-18-25.png

Jnaki

Despite what most see as a street rod, sedan delivery hot rods can take on just about any style on the outside, while enjoying the SBC and A/C during short and long road trips. It is how you build it and detail it to your specs. This one has a lot of cool stuff and is a good platform to begin the road to the finished or somewhat road worthy finished project.

Get it, make it road worthy and enjoy the sedan delivery and everything it offers. Ignore the negative comments. For most, it is money and distance that is talking, as well as jumping on the "NOT TRADITIONAL" bandwagon. Who's tradition? Our hot rods are all not traditional in someone's eyes, even my 2 Ford Sedan Delivery hot rods were disliked by someone.

11. exterminator

exterminator

Yeah, just like you if i was 20 yrs younger i would be on it. But being retired and not having much money coming in to spend, i am down to my 40 pickup and i am blessed to have that. When i put a car on here like that, i hope one of the Hambers pick it up. Exterminator

lothiandon1940 and jnaki like this.
  12. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Excellent Advice From A True Hotrodder...Thank You...

jnaki and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. With C4 suspension and drivetrain it'll be a nice driver when finished. Put some steelies on it and don't open the hood. It seems like folks are asking a mint for Sedan Deliveries these days, but also the market is soft on the old stuff. If you've always wanted a SD I'd say pull the trigger if it's not a cobbled up mess. If you're looking to profit or flip it, may not be room there. But then again if you're looking to profit you're in the wrong hobby.. ;)

14. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Lou,

I will never get tired of hearing such kind words. I thank you very much. The older I get during these trying pandemic times, it just gets to be an open field of how one looks at the life we have lived. It also allows us to see how it fits into the whole scheme of things. Hot rods were a big part of our lives growing up. We tried to continue that fun time with our future lives and it was difficult with other major family issues that became more important.

Now, that we are grown up and surviving the hectic times, one can step back, look at the whole scene, and have nice thoughts that come up.

Jnaki

Again, thank you for those kind words and my wife thanks you, too. We have been together since 1966 and have gone through the first big time pandemic as newlyweds in 1968. So, as all of us got the required shots and medicine, the virus just gave up and went away for a while. It only has some time in our current state to show up as a yearly, ordinary flu virus that allows us to step back and let our bodies take over to get well.

So, if every one is healthy, follows the health codes and rulings, then we can overcome this one like we did the one in 1968. "Kindness goes a long way..." important quote from a smart college girl in 1967. (55 years worth)

exterminator and LOU WELLS like this.