Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical SBC in 34 Tudor with stock firewall???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37fordtruck, Jan 9, 2021.

1. 37fordtruck

37fordtruck

Will a sbc fit in a 34 Ford Tudor with a stock fire wall? I realize a short water pump and a small distributor will be needed, but will it fit. I do not want cut the stock fire wall. However, an aftermarket would be used if it won't fit. If you have pictures of this setup in you car I would like to see them. Thanks.

2. Had a friend build a 34 roadster, and I believe he used an early (1955) small diameter distributor, and pushed the pilot hub on water pump in a hair, to allow him to fit the engine without modifying the firewall. Maybe, just to ensure good clearance. Sorry, no pictures, that was back in the 80's.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  3. And SBC should go in a '34 no problem. You can put one in a late T with a stock firewall and you have more engine room on the later model Fords.

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I have always cut a small 3" indent in the stock firewall for the SBC engine. I'm not sure if you could fit the engine in without out it but sounds like you can. I have no photos .

IMG_0761.jpg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021