Register now to get rid of these ads!

cherry smash 1962 corvette

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1929rats, May 4, 2007.

1. rdually

rdually
    from Arizona

2. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Looking at the photos,that tilt front end is sure a poor fit.

scotty t likes this.
  4. I should have some somewhere. My dad built that car.

scotty t and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. Deuces, Bowtie Coupe, vtx1800 and 2 others like this.
  6. Jennifer, I remember your Dad's car when it was black and basically in stock configuration. The "Injector's of MD," of which I was a member, put on a car show in Wheaton at a Chrysler dealership, I believe it was. It was held in the service bays as the dealership was closed that day. I was quite attracted to your Dad's car as I owned a '62 Vette at the time. At one point during the day, your Dad was quite upset and when I went over to him to find out what the problem was, he told me that someone had stolen the passenger door's inside lock knob. I was able to calm him down somewhat as I had spares in my car and gave him one to replace what was stolen. I and my fellow Injector's members were pretty mad that someone did that to one of the cars in the show, but nobody saw it occur, so we were unable to find the culprit. I continued to follow your Dad's car as it transformed into a full on custom. I was sort of disappointed to see it transform from that beautiful, black car into a full custom show car, but it was the star of the ISCA show circuit for quite a while. It had come a long way from our little car club show at that dealership. I was proud to know your Dad and the success he had with that car.

7. 61SuperMonza

61SuperMonza

I remember that car from Popular Hot Rodding. Back in the day when the cars had the pics you would cut out and hang on the wall.
    I was 5-6yrs old and remember that Vette.

8. Some cars just seem to stay in your mind forever!:)