Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Early Ford Store

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dreddybear, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That place is rad... but are they in business still? I made a sizable order and their website says its processing, in the meantime no responses to email and they don't answer the phone. Just want to make sure there is someone to communicate with...

2. Budget36

Budget36

Search the HAMB, a recent thread about them, I not be worried

3. I ordered some parts from them a week ago. They are now in Kentucky and have been for several days (so the tracking tells me.) Tracking also tells me the parts were actually shipped the day I ordered them.

Edit: just checked tracking, parts still in KY, have been there since the 17th.:rolleyes:
    UPS

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    Desoto291Hemi likes this.

4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

5. The ole lady works for the post office. They are really struggling right now...

6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Bought from a shop in CA and the parts are in Kentucky? I think someone flunked their Geography classes! Shouldn't they be sent to LA and then off to Oz?

I bought some parts from Vern Tardel. Just down the I-5 from me basically once you cross the border. Took about three weeks to get them. They went out the next day. Down to LA, off to Chicago then onto Fla, then to Frisco, up to Seattle, onto Bellingham WA, and finally to Blaine WA which is maybe about twenty miles from where I live.

I hope those shipping guys aren't in charge of any ICBMs!!!!!!

Desoto291Hemi and wraymen like this.
  7. You'd think.:rolleyes:
    San Dimas is basically LA, but with companies like UPS things go via 'distribution hubs' and they have one in Lexington. Fedex have one somewhere around there too.
    Bottom line is, the Early Ford Store did their bit, the rest is up to the shipper.

It's been many years since I've had anything to do with UPS because they are expensive, but when I did, it was a couple of days not weeks.

8. Don’t rely on those tracking locations. The Postal Service is mucked up from the holidays. We had the same crazy tracking info and the packages arrived OK. A little late but we did get them even though it said one was stuck in Colorado and the other in Kentucky.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

I made an order and received it within a week from them. They had stuff that Bob Drake didn't have in stock. Will be ordering from them from now on.

10. tim troutman

tim troutman

Mid West early Ford Springfield Ohio ?

11. 51 mercules

51 mercules

They are still in business, my buddy goes there at least once a week. Like someone said, the owner passed away and the son is running it solo.

12. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Thank you. I’m sure I’ll get a hold of him. For the record I didn’t think anything was super wrong, just I’m in a limbo state and need to speak with them :)

51 mercules likes this.
  13. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

There in Business, Michael is still running it, Hes a one man show so the phone rings constantly, hes a Stand Up Guy you will get your parts....

14. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Yes the post office is about a week behind.
    They need to take lessons from Amazon.
    I’d say Amazon handles twice as many packages as the USPS.

15. The Post office shipped about 40% of Amazon’s packages this year.
    Maybe in a few years, when they own everything....things will be better for everyone. LOL

Petejoe, egads and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Known them a long time.They are stand up folks. USPS sucks right now.Daughter mailed Xmas pkg from AZUZA,CA to France Dec 1st floating somewhere.Last tracking is Dec 5th.Today is the 30th. Go figure.
    December 5, 2020
    In Transit to Next Facility
    Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered to its final destination. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
    December 1, 2020, 10:59 am
    USPS in possession of item
    AZUSA, CA 91702
    December 1, 2020
    Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. patterg2003

patterg2003

I have ordered twice from Early Ford Store with USPS delivery with no issues. I asked if they had the parts in stock as it did not say on their web page. The parts arrived about 10 days later to my home in Canada. Amazon and the USPS are upside down these days. The "improvements" by the new post master general to strategically remove the high speed sorting equipment in major centers likely are a factor. Nothing arrives in my corner in a couple days by any carrier and I take that into an account when I order. Its not that long ago where std delivery was about 3 weeks.

wraymen likes this.
  18. You might try Early Ford V8 Sales in Piedmont, South Carolina. HRP

Early Ford V8

19. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Just talked to him. All is good and super nice and helpful!

20. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Glad to hear that!