Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Bucket list

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lou kriger, Dec 18, 2020.

1. I have pretty much tried to make my life a bucket list... life is to short, and experiences are better than bank balances...
    It seems that in my efforts to not starve I have managed to do and see some very spectacular things.
    I still have some things I want to do
    Go to an F1 race (someplace with some history)
    Greenwood revival
    GNRS
    Drive a hot rod on the salt...my junk probably wouldn't make the trip on their own so I would need to tow one out there...maybe my current project for 2021
    There are other non car related things that I hope to get to...
    But honestly, if I went tomorrow I would consider my life full and blessed
    Chappy

2. Well, I have seen the Grand Canyon, but there are lots of other places out west and up north I would like to see. Would enjoy one of those cross country train trips across Canada. Maybe go to Mars one day..just for a short stay though...too cold for me to stay long.

Lou kriger and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. grumpy65

grumpy65

Even if you did 'live forever', would you ever really be finished your '32.
    A hot rodder's nature precludes us from not needing to do 'just one more modification'. ;)

4. grumpy65

grumpy65

As both a father and a son, all I will say to you is 'you need to tell your son what you just told all of us, and you need to do it today'. Christmas is an excellent time for miracles....................................................:)

Lou kriger, ct1932ford, 56don and 5 others like this.
  5. grumpy65

grumpy65

I know exactly where you are coming from.
    At the moment it is time to work on my wife's bucket list too. Mine is not so important right now.

6. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Older I get the less I want to travel. Saving my money to move here. house on island.jpg

7. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

A hot rod road trip is also on my list, rt 66 for sure. Don’t do the power tour, to many new corvettes and mini vans now. Do the smaller events like street rodder road tour.

8. I've told the old lady I'd like to head north and jump on route 66, head west for a week, then turn around and head back. I think it would be a blast!

Boneyard51 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. I hear ya... I'm looking at this place BB16ujhD.jpg
    A bit of privacy with a view

10. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

I met a guy in a parts store and I was telling him about my bucket list, that I wanted to go to the "Back to the Fifties" and he said that's what he wanted to do. I said "Go to the Fifties thing, and he said "No, I want to get a bucket list!"

Lou kriger likes this.
  11. vinfab

vinfab

I have been to Bonneville multiple times, NSRA and Goodguys events from coast to coast, Indy for the 500. Americruise, Power Tour and Back to the Fifties.. I cannot count the number of different Drag strips I have been to but this coming year my son, two of my buddies and I hope to cross off my one bucket list item. Route 66 in my 66 when I am 66.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  12. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Very well said! Great reply.

Lou kriger likes this.
  13. Yep...just looking to another of surviving and wrenching.....

14. Tempting....but at my age I hate stairs....

15. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Those of you who want to add running Route 66 from your bucket list to reality my only advice would be to live in the moment while enjoying your adventure.
    We did it in 2018 with another couple, with no real time constraints and put a premium on experiencing the sights, lodging, cafes and taking the time to enjoy those we met along the way. Simply put,it was an adventure of a lifetime.

16. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Number one on my list would be finishing my '50 Fleetline and touring the country in it. Route 66, all the big shows like the Lone star Round-up, Back to the Fifties, Lead Ain't Dead, etc.; make a summer of it just cruising around seeing the sights and kool cars.

17. I have tried many times. It has just made things worse
    Long story , full of hate and stupidity. Thanks for the thought. Going to the garage now.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

18. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

In a word, Australia! I have been to all Fifty states, some many times , a lot of Canada, some of Mexico. Seen most of the natural wonders, big events, museums, a lot of car shows( would like to do some more) , but have never been to Australia!
    But , the bucket list in my bucket, would be to get all my , too manny, projects up to speed! That would take a miracle!

Bones

19. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Is that a real place? I see it has a gantry type crane with a bucket to lower to get things! ... could you put your list in that?

Bones

20. Yep. 300ft up. Twenty minute climb to the top. You're correct. That is what the gantry's for. Of course if I got it, I'd erect a locked elevator...

21. I've done most of the auto related events mentioned here. Today, I don't have a list. My only wish is to get to enjoy each day until it's time and then wake up dead without grief. :)

22. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I though it might be! There are some crazy places in this world! But with photo-shop on computers, you can’t trust pictures anymore! .... Even if folks here say “ if there are no pics... it didn’t happen! Lol:p

Bones

23. grumpy65

grumpy65

Don't ever stop trying. One of the hardest things for us humans to do is to mend bridges. The history of the situation needs to be left behind, it really doesn't matter at this point. I hope this happens for you. Family is the real fabric of life. Sometimes we all think that we just can't live with someone. Truth is, it is much harder to live without them.
    Send him a message that simply tells him you love him. Hey, it can't hurt............................

Lou kriger and ct1932ford like this.