Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration So what's your problem??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Dec 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Lack of focus. I jump around on projects and never get them finished.

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Can I get you another Grape Soda?

61Cruiser, chopo, wicarnut and 3 others like this.
  3. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

My problem is that I realize that the remodeling projects in the house and keeping up the acreage are more important than working on my 58, but I will have a few months this winter to focus on it until the weather makes it possible to take on the remodel of the bathroom.

67drake, wicarnut and mad mikey like this.
  4. I'm still at it, just a little slower since the truck is at my moms. I finally got all the other vehicles out of the way....well mostly and I can refocus on the truck......and the holidays. My house just has to stay standing a look semi good from the front :), nothing else matters. With my family history I won't be around for a long time soooooo.

wicarnut likes this.
  5. 51pontiac

51pontiac
    from Alberta

Well, I was a couple days away from bringing the 51 into the garage to redo the brakes and fuel system...everything in place for a quick turn around when I decided to get some parts out of the attic and the ladder decided to teach me a safety lesson. Fell 10’ onto the concrete and broke some vertebrae and tailbone.
    I was damn lucky and thankful it wasn’t worse. This all happened at the end of August and I am now feeling pretty good and doing some small garage projects. Still can’t lift much and my core muscles get stiff and sore easily.
    Learned a few lessons about what is important!

6. bchctybob

bchctybob

No problem, we’ll maybe a little cold in my shop. Just finished wiring my Morris woody. I decided not to use the big ass harness that came with it and did it from scratch. Took longer but I like it better. Now to do some minor rust repair and get it painted.
    My roadster is on hold, it’s been too cold for bondo and paint (no heat in my shop)

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah.... Problem is, I gotta wait 5 years before that happens.... :rolleyes::(

8. Deuces

Deuces

No... But I could use a nice tall glass of wine.....:D

9. You're practicing for retirement.... LOL.

Here's the way I see that it works... You work until you retire, then you don't have to work anymore, or so 'they' tell you. So if I'm doing something and it gets too much like work, I stop.... I don't want to 'un-retire' after all...

10. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just tried to adjust to the situation and make the best out of this year. Working on cars also helped to keep my focus on things I really love during this crazy and often negative times. When we had our first 4 week shutdown in April I used to go out in the Garage and work on my cars or on my house just as many hrs as I would on a regular workday. When we reopenend I worked 15-17 hrs daily to make up for the shutdown, which we did pretty sucessfully, but of course there was zero time to clean up around the house and make any progress on projects. Now that we were shut down again on 16th and I´m back on my projects again. Was a surprisingly productive year and got all my cars maintained and running. That didn´t last very long, my 40 needs a new feul pump diaphragm and the 55 needs the trans sealed, I also want to work on the 51 Chevy truck and I ´m trying to get the cab completed until Jan 10th. We are supposed to reopen on Jan 11th, but that is iffy. Not looking good here . Stay safe and healthy , y´all!

Deuces, dogwalkin, Boneyard51 and 5 others like this.
  11. My problem is I worry to much about my problems . :eek:

12. Waiting on parts that hung up in the current shipping delays to finish my car, and collecting stuff for the new project.
    Being lazy is kind of like being retired, only being retired means the age where the mind is willing but the body is not.

13. wicarnut

wicarnut

I got old, that's my story/excuse and I'm sticking to it

14. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Can't find my 9/16 socket.

15. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

2020 fatigue. Ready to toss the calendar and begin anew.

Here’s hoping 2021 doesn’t go something like this.

“You think last year was rough? Here hold my beer and watch this shit!”

16. Shifting interest, my family has been oval track racers going back to pre WWII.
    When I got about 15/16 years old in the mid 1990's the price of short track racing was out of reach for me. The days of home built chassis were about over and it was almost impossible to compete with an engine you built yourself. It was no longer a sport for mechanics, and fabricators. It had become a sport for spoiled brat little rich kids.

This as well as magazines like Hot Rod Deluxe drew my attention toward period correct hot rods. I really enjoyed them for about 15-20 years.

Now here in New York there is a real push toward racing period correct oval track racing. This has pulled me back into oval track racing. I am currently building a car to run with the Mohawk Valley Vintage Dirt Modifieds.

We even have guys coming out of retirement!

My 1953 Chevrolet and 261 Chev. 6 never for sale but resting for now
    [​IMG][​IMG]

My current interest, this is not me driving!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    alanp561, Deuces, Tman and 7 others like this.
  17. chopo

chopo

weps, Deuces, David Gersic and 10 others like this.
  18. Looking at new transmissions for the coupe, can't seem to decide on one yet. Also kind of Leary about spending the money . This is one of the many things that keeps me up at night

72yenkonova, Stogy and wicarnut like this.
  19. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is that cabinet drawer marked " Tools" the first place you go when you need that one particular tool you can't find or is it the last place;)?

weps, seb fontana, Boneyard51 and 3 others like this.
  20. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not being facetious here at all but, did your wife have more Crayons in her box when she was a kid than you did? My wife had the 152 crayon set and I only had the 8 piece box. That causes some pretty intense discussions about what color a room is going to get painted. Who knew there were so many colors of white?

21. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

My mate came out of retirement to stitch my interior, he,s been having blinding headaches and double vision for the last 3 months so not a lot of progress . Almost got my carpets done myself but buggered up one bit on the trans tunnel using the wrong glue.

Stogy and mad mikey like this.
  22. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

Truck is back in shop IMG_3128.JPG for stage 3 of work. Now I just have to get in shop to do it!!

23. catdad49

catdad49

Just bought a new house, tentative closing on the 30th, do I have to add More?! Lloyd, the wagon’s close, do I see a ‘57 Buick grille in it’s future?

Deuces, Stogy, GordonC and 1 other person like this.
  24. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Biggest problem is the Honey Do List keeps growing, swmbo seems to think as I am retired I need something to do....

Deuces and catdad49 like this.
  25. 67drake

67drake
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Muscoda WI

I just went on a run for 3/4” OSB for my subfloors a few weeks back. The closest lumber yard 25 miles away wants $38 a sheet! I called the closest big box store, 45 miles away, $29 a sheet, AFTER a rebate. Still expensive, but worth the drive. This has seriously cut into my budget, which had a direct effect on my car budget.
    After the Mercury engine goes in, hopefully this winter. I go back to the project house.
    THEN next winter I have a 5 speed Doug Nash I’ve been making payments on to go into an OT project car.
    Little time, and a lot less money than I planned on a year ago.

Deuces, mad mikey and 72yenkonova like this.
  26. Space and weather... (mostly space)
    If i want to do anything that can't fit on the work bench I have pull the coupe out...just can't bring myself to let it sit out in the cold, rain, and snow.
    20190426_214327.jpg

mad mikey, safetythird, Baumi and 4 others like this.
  27. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Finding The Neighbors Daughter Some Decent Winter Gloves Is A Problem... 23471910_10214611897754570_6730779877896788104_n.jpg

alanp561, Deuces, catdad49 and 3 others like this.
  28. Holy shit! You can see the future!? So i actually figured it out? Lmao! Yeah i just haven't gotten there yet.... 20201220_095655.jpg

safetythird, catdad49 and Stogy like this.
  29. Advantech is $44 a sheet here, first part is a pre cut stud went from 2 bucks to over 6. I'm using advantech for my hot rod floor's and studs to make model a structure ;) (on topic) I need me one of them transmissions!! Damn they cost so much!

67drake and mad mikey like this.
  30. pitman

pitman

Not planned, "we" became High-Rollers! (In taste at least)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.