Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Bucket list

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lou kriger, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Recently I hit the big 70. There’s a lot of things that are still on my list. Example: Pebble Beach, Seeing the Grand Canyon, etc. etc. and on and on. What’s on your list?

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

2. I have been fortunate to go lots of places other than your neck of the woods. I would really like to check out the NE United States at some point. Oh, and I also want to make it to Australia and Ireland sometime as far as outside the US. I was real close to Ireland and had a good opportunity to go to Australia for work once, but still want to make those.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. trollst

trollst

Bonneville in a hot rod, I have a nice diesel pickup and a new travel trailer, could go in luxury, but always wanted to go in a hot rod. So....twenty years ago, built a hiway flier to do just that......twenty years ago.....said last year, I was going, but they closed the border, going to bonneville has been on my list since I was 13, now 65, this year is the trick.

4. Hot rod road trip :D maybe the hot rod power tour, or drag week!

fastcar1953 and guthriesmith like this.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A road trip to LoneStar Roundup in the 48 Is one of the things. One of my wife's sisters lives out in the cedar breaks SW of Ryan and our niece lives in Austin While her other sister and some cousins live in Waco and the Surrounding area.

I've always wanted to do an extended trip to the North East to see different historical sites. The usual tourist stuff there.

Other than that I'll be happy with having the ability to go and do as long as I can go and do.

6. Yep, driving to Bonneville in an old car is on my list too.

pigIRON63 likes this.
  7. 2935ford

2935ford

I did almost all of my travel when I was younger. Been to all the museums I wanted to see. So, travel for me is not on my list.
    I have bought, built and sold enough cars that I am at the point where I have and enjoy the cars I want to keep.
    My fun now is just driving what I with my friends have built as often as possible and tinkering/improving things when winter stops the driving.
    I guess I really don't have a bucket list!

alanp561 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

On my bucket list is not kicking it just yet.....

9. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I hit 70 in October, and there's a bunch of places inside the US I want to see! But I want to drive there in my old cars, not fly.
    I am marking one item off my bucket list presently. I've wanted a '39 Chev coupe since high school in the 60's, and I bought a project in April 2019. It's getting close to completion, and I've been driving it since around August.

10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Truth !!:)

stillrunners likes this.
  11. Travelling with the wife. We made it to Alaska two years ago this Spring and had Hawaii planned for this year but cancelled due to_________. I want to go see Pearl Harbor where my Father was wounded the first time during WWII. Other than that I've been around the world and the U.S. but the wife would like to see Ireland. I was there already but will go back as it is beautiful. Finishing my projects and having fun travelling.

stillrunners and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

Life is fragile and & fleeting. We’re all one Heart beat away from Eternity. My take is: make every day the best I can, don’t sweat the unimportant, pay attention to the important, and learn to know the difference. GOD, Family, Country, our Cars are further down the list, but let’s drive the wheels off em. This Christmas I wish every One, is IMG_2071.JPG All the Best!

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

first on my bucket list would be buckets of cash 20201218_190022.jpg

14. Pop Chevy

Pop Chevy

I been racin for about 40 yrs and have raced all kinds of things up and down the east coast but I always wanted to drive an Indy Car.

stillrunners likes this.
  15. hudson48

hudson48

I'm 72 recently and my bucket list is make it to 73 and then 74 and then........................
    In the meantime enjoy my cars.

stillrunners, WB69, jaracer and 2 others like this.
  16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

50 years of this stuff but never been to Bonneville, that would seal the deal for me.

17. Gregm1

Gregm1

I’m 70 too. I’d like to make it to 72 and get a 35 ford coupe.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. squirrel

squirrel

I don't have a list, but I'm sure I'll find some fun new things to do....and if they involve old cars, you'll probably get to read about them.

19. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I don't do bucket lists. I've been in most of the lower 48 states, and have seen pics of where I haven't been. Got nothing to prove to myself or anyone else anymore. Just want to live as long as I can and enjoy it and not be a burden on anybody. I might make 80+, or I might be gone tomorrow, we never know, I just want to be ready for whatever comes.

I do hope to semi retire next year and spend more time at home, been living the road lifestyle too long and missed out on a lot through the years with my kids and wife. I don't want my Grandson to think Paw Paw is the fellow that sleeps here just on the weekends like my kids did. If I get some car time in in the meanwhile, that's good, too.

chryslerfan55 and MMM1693 like this.
  20. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

My next one is blown injected, on the street, Everyone say's it's not worth it..
    I want to be able to know it's not worth it..
    Having built two blown w/carb's, Third Need's to be injected... KIMG8350.JPG

21. brady1929

brady1929

I would like to live forever. And I would love to finish my 32 5w.

stillrunners and trollst like this.
  22. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I wanna retire, move into da woods UP in Da U.P. Disappear...I don't have need for a lot of money. I have the knowhow to do it...I have the want...Just need to get the kids successfully on their own.

23. Drag Week, Speed Week, Lone star roundup, Hot rod reunion.... and of course retire.

guthriesmith likes this.
  24. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife's health doesn't allow for a bucket list for me. I just take it as it comes. If I get something, anything accomplished on either of the cars, it's a good day.

25. Just trying not to kick that bucket. Would like to make peace with my son.

wfo guy, stillrunners, WB69 and 4 others like this.
  26. Latigo

Latigo

No bucket list. Rolling up on 72. No more international travel, flying is not fun anymore. Retired and footloose. We enjoy loading up the truck and camper, throwing a dart at the map and hitting the road. Looking forward to better times.

27. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well,----At 88 now, after logging over 300,000 miles since 1968 when I finished my roadster, & 5 trips across the USA to NSRA events plus just cruising the Western states, I have given my roadster to my son so he can enjoy it as I have for so many years. 2009_07121962-----19680001.JPG 2009_07121962-----19680001.JPG 2009_07121962-----19680003.JPG 2009_07121962-----19680008.JPG

Attached Files:

28. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

^^^ great that you have so many memories , with pictures, to share. 20201210_085319.jpg Bud Bryan is still driving his Roadster PU but he is only in his early eighties -- his famous Roadster has a new care taker that is going to have it all brought back to it's beginnings

29. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

gotta' put a ford in a chevy

30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

..living to 70.