Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Making a list and checking it twice ~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 16, 2020.

1. I hear you Bobby, We now have both our daughters living with us and our granddaughter Veda.

As bad as 2020 has been on everyone, I'm looking forward to Christmas with my family, there is much more to Christmas than presents under the tree. HRP

Deuces, 72yenkonova, 3W JOHN and 7 others like this.
  2. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

At this point all I want is for my 93nyear old Mom to stay healthy and my nephew and his girlfriend to get well. (Coronavirus)

Deuces, 3W JOHN, Baumi and 5 others like this.
  3. v8flat44

v8flat44

O K here's what i'd like to get
    A flathead powered Deuce
    And a 58 Vette
    Oh well........a manual boost control for the Turbo Coupe will be o k...i guess....

Deuces, 3W JOHN, j-jock and 1 other person like this.
  4. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Staying health is the first thing on my Xmas list.

5. I'm probably getting coal, but if not... a Sid's drop axle, rear spring mounts, an english wheel, a bead roller, and a Red Ryder BB gun. :p

Deuces, 3W JOHN, j-jock and 1 other person like this.
  6. You'll shoot your eye out kid! HRP

7. v8flat44

v8flat44

ccain & primer, i tripple dog dare ya ......

8. Papas32

Papas32
    from No.Ia.

My wife let me buy my own Christmas present last week. I got a good deal on a pair of ASC rails for a 32 and the nicest k-member I've seen thrown in on the deal.

9. trollst

trollst

I'm thinking a mini bike for when bonneville happens, a mans gotta be at his coolest out there, fitting in with all the other cool dudes....I asked santa, but I think he's been watching me......

Deuces, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  10. A tripple dog dare? Dammit! Well.... okay.

[​IMG]

11. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

What about the stockinged leg lamp???

12. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

After 40 some years together, the wife and I just get what we need/want during the year and call it our Christmas. To us Christmas is all about the kids and grandkids.

Deuces, BamaMav, 3W JOHN and 3 others like this.
  13. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

All I want for Christmas is to be taken off the extended car warranty call list. :)

pigIRON63, Deuces, ccain and 11 others like this.
  14. All I want is for this country to get back to normal, COVID-wise and otherwise, whatever 'normal' is.

Deuces, BamaMav, 72yenkonova and 6 others like this.
  15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

About the only thing I really need is on of those locking metal boxes to put things that go bang in. Car wise I don't need much except a lot of time, ambition and energy. Loosing about 50 lbs would go a long way on the ambition and energy and probably help the knee pain to no end.

If he gets sort changed on the socks I have 41RODDERZ covered, I think I still have a batch in the drawer that my son's ex gal friend gave me that are nice but not my style that still have the stuff that holds them together on them. Truthfully I have so damned many socks I have two sock drawers full.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if one of my kids or my wife paid for my Alliance membership though. I wonder if Ryan will take a Cabella's Gift card.

16. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Love to get what a friend got for Christmas from his wife.1919 Browning and 10K rounds of ammo.
    MY wish for Christmas is"Peace on Earth and good will toward Men".
    And for the H.A.M.B. family.Wishing ALL a Merry Christmas and a Happy,Healty,Safe and Prosperous New Year.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Deuces, 3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and 2 others like this.
  17. The37Kid

The37Kid

I really hope 2021 gets us all back to normal, thanks to everyone on the HAMB for helping us get through 2020. Treated myself to a Birthday/ Christmas gift a week ago. It was at the top of the list in the HAMB Classifieds, only had a 15 minute shelf life, timing is everything! Merry Christmas everyone! Bob

18. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

I'm just wishing that everyone here on the HAMB keeps staying safe and healthy. My other wish is that in 2021, I get to take my flathead powered 1929 coupe to a car show again, and that the Canadian/US border finally reopens and we get to go to the fall Hershey swap meet again next year. These are my Christmas wishes and I am really hoping that Santa can deliver!!

19. I am just grateful that I am doing a lot better than I was at this time last year. Like one of the other posters on this thread, we don't attempt to figure out what a good present is for people, we buy the presents throughout the year, and present them immediately (except for the grandkids).
    We were lucky enough to have all our kids for extended visits this year, so now we can wait for visits until we are vaccinated next year.
    I got my Christmas present early this year, my hot water tank failed, so I am now in the process of replacing the tank with a tankless hot water heater. Because I suffer from perfectionism, I am doing my own work, and taking lots of rests. The great thing, is that the new tank is so tiny, 11x14 inches, and 4 inches deep, that I get some free space in the basement.
    Best wishes to everyone, I hope you all get what you are asking for.
    Bob

20. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

That I and everyone here gets to post their Christmas wish list in December 2021

Deuces, BamaMav, The37Kid and 3 others like this.
  21. toml24

toml24

There is always the nostalgia Jalopy book. 288 pages with 1,550 action packed photos of Southern California oval track jalopies, hot rods, super modified, stock car, and figure-8s from all the race tracks in Southern California from 1938-1969. Now in its 4th printing.
    Happy Holidays!

22. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got a big box of parts from LMC for my 51 3/4 ton Chevy that I´m building, a set of new waterpumps for the 59AB in the 40 Ford from Speedway , a few gaskets for the 3speed OD trans in my 55 Chev and a set of gasket and bearing for my Dad´s 300cui Econoline .That will keep me busy for the next 3 weeks that we are locked down. But I don´t really mind, I had lots of 15-17 hr work days this year and not a single day off, so I´ll enjoy to sleep long , put on my dirtiest garage gear , turn up the tunes as loud as I can take it and fix my stuff while having a beer or three.
    But my biggest wish is that people will find their way back to be polite and respectful to each other, rediscover the ability to say: "Sorry, I was wrong and I made a mistake!" and for the others to forgive . Stay safe out there !

Deuces, chevy57dude, The37Kid and 5 others like this.
  23. brake kit, front end bearing kit, kingpins, etc, for my project.
    saw an Early Ford Store box arrive so.....
    Chappy

Deuces, chevy57dude, 3W JOHN and 3 others like this.
  24. SR100

SR100

A dry and warm place to wrench that's close to home. If I haven't been that good, I'd settle for dry. Did I mention dry? :rolleyes:

25. Since this year has been pretty much a lock down we decided to forgo the traditional Christmas gift's and shortly after new years we have rented a cabin in the Great Smoky Mountains with a nice lake just yards away from the cabin, we are looking forward to getting away from everything for a few days, no TV, no constant updates on corona deaths, no internet , no annoying extended warranty calls & no cell service. HRP

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    Deuces, Petejoe, 41 GMC K-18 and 7 others like this.
  26. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

27. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ Seen them a Walmart.
    "You'll (or your wife) shot your eye out" for look'n.

Deuces, 3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and 3 others like this.
  28. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I got s Red Ryder bb gun for Christmas when I was 8 or 9 years old and I didn't shoot my eye out but I did shoot my younger brother in the ass. That didn't go over well with my dad.:rolleyes:

29. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

upload_2020-12-19_12-32-7.jpeg

Deuces, 41 GMC K-18 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm hoping for a case of hand grenades for an upcoming project.

grenades.jpg