Register now to get rid of these ads!

New paint on my roadster.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevin Lee, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

It was time for a change. Too early to tell if I like it as much as the black that was on it. Nothing too exciting but I thought it turned out alright. When I get the new hood finished I can re-letter it. (Lancaster Speed Eng.)

Attached Files:

2. Is that a glossy gunmetal grey? Looks good, I like the change.

3. Django

Django
    from Chicago

You must be the holy terror of Pleasantville.

4. dangeroustoy

dangeroustoy

Ummm... What color is it?...

Also what wheel tire combo are you using... I am considering a set of Early Ford Wires, but not sure wheather to go with 16, 17 or 18 inch wheels...

Thanks,

Dave Brisco

5. NoSurf

NoSurf

Looks kinda shiny.

Me likey.

6. you really ought to get one of those newfangled color cameras ;)

7. looks great, love that flattie

8. kevin - first off the new paint looks real good, though I would like to see it in color. I too am ditching the black for a new color soon. But can you post pictures of how you ran your exhaust??

9. Mootz

Mootz

You otta trademark the "V8 Bunny"-it may be the new clay smith woodpecker. Looks really good.

Mootz

10. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

This is like telling us your girl-friend has a new pair of tits and showing us a pic of her ass... let's see the PAINT.

11. Even in B&W it looks good.

But . . . where the heck is the bug deflector, wind splitting, rain protecting device that you look through?

12. Primer Gray

Primer Gray

But black and white film is Traditional! If you're using Kodachrome, you might as well be putting billet on the car.

13. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

I'd be happy with pics of your GFs new tits or ass in B&W

14. Primer Gray

Primer Gray

I don't understand...are you proposing some sort of shield that protects the occupants from the wind?

Car looks good, though...love the V-8 graphic.

15. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Probably had to paint it so the cops wouldn't recognize it.:D

16. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

that thing is cool, where did you get the body and chassis?

17. Rolf

Rolf

Looks great, but how about a color pix ?

18. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

Looks Great!, Dude you so need a cockpit cover, with a oval zippered piece over the driver so you can drive it like you Are at El Mirage or Bville!

19. Gigantor

Gigantor

It looks awesome --- and I agree, that V8 "Bunny" is the shit.

20. nobux

nobux

It needs a set of those Spun wheel covers that some guy on the HAMB sells;) ! I like the silver better.

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Now THATS funny!!:D

Ya, I wanna see color as well.:cool:

22. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Sets perfect kevin.
    Hows the flatty running?
    I'm colored blind.

23. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

Sorry for poorphotoshop.

Attached Files:

24. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

I love that shade of gray.But why is your grass gray?

25. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Rad Kevin!
    Boy, your roadster sure would look good out on the dry lakes!:)

26. Just something for the wipers to rub against....:D

All kidding aside, the lack of a windshield looks cool, but with Kevin's eye for line and style, I think he'd get a windshield on there we'd all like.

It's not only bugs, I had a fairly good sized rock take a chunk of paint off my hood and hit the windshield while running a SoCal freeway at 80+.

It wouldn't have been pleasant to get hit by that puppy.:eek:

Still got a crack in the windshield.
    Interesting part is, the rock came off a fully fendered little ol ladies more door running up front.

I guess fenders ain't all they're cracked up to be....:eek: :( :D

27. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Hoping to see the car while I'm in KC next month...

28. NealinCA

NealinCA

Excellent! It has been so long since I have seen a profile shot of your car. The body shims and 7.50's did wonders for the stance. It just looks "so right".

Keep us posted when you get the hood on.

Neal

I'm guessing it's not really grey either...

29. damn, I so want one of those for my roadster.

"Rad Kevin!
    Boy, your roadster sure would look good out on the dry lakes!"

thats what I told him, get it out here on the salt.

30. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Remember the first time you saw The Gilligan's Island in color? Did you expect Gilligan's shirt to be red or the Skipper's blue? I'm sure someone will take pictures at the HAMB drags. The only guess so far was way off and that's all I'm going to say.

dangeroustoy - Tires are Firestone. (from Coker) 750's in the rear. And grooved dirt trackers in the front - I think they are a 500 or 525. All on 16" wheels.

saltflataddict - The exhaust isn't really worth showing. I'm running a crossover tube underneath the front of the oil pan but keep both pipes seperate. Both are connected to parts store glasspacks hung under the passenger side floor. Connected with flex-pipe. It's all ugly in my opinion.

I want to build a set of pipes like Tuck is running on his coupe - or talk to Bleed about building me a set. Those pipes are cool. I hate that I'm running stock exhaust manifolds. Lame with everything else I have done to my motor.

V8 bunny: Trademark it? It's already mine - there was a long thought process involved that I won't bore you with. But look for it to be incorporated into the new Spun site somehow.

Windshield: Working on it. There's really only one solution and some have already said they don't like it. But DuVall styles don't work. Anything resembling stock - chopped or otherwise - is out. Has to be very small - nearly nonexistant - and quickly removable to work on my car. Might have it finished by the HAMB drags.

snortonnorton - Body and chassis were found in a barn near my father in law's house. He purchased some land adjacent to his from an older guy. A transplant from Utah if I remember correct who moved to Missouri in the late fifties. He then hired a company to disassemble an old barn. They reclaim and reuse the old wood for high priced homes. http://www.elmwoodreclaimedtimber.com/

When they got to the floors they found what ammounted to a hidden cellar. The chassis must have been stored in there since the fifties or sixties. The body was at the other end of the property - tipped on end in the back of a storage shed and used to store potting soil and garden tools for his wife who had passed away just four or five years earlier. Also, this entire story is fake. I actually built it all from cast off parts scrounged over the better part of a year. Pretty much my entire build is documented in here in one form or another.

Just goes to show how easy it would be to start rolling with some fake history on a car. I'm convinced that a person with enough patience and money could counterfeit a really believable historic race car. Maybe not a well known one - but who knows?

Still thinking about a tonneau. Haven't fully decided if it will be cloth and set up something like Nimrod's, or a bolt on aluminum cover with the edges rolled over a piece of wire - I'm leaning really hard toward the aluminum.

Holy Terror of Pleasantville signing off.