Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Are the old tried & true rear axles getting hard to find?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 6, 2020.

1. nobby

nobby

2. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

3. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well hell Danny. This thread reminds me I got a 67 Mustang 8' laying out in the backyard that I bought for backing plates, axles, and E cables. It still has the 2.79 pumpkin in it. I got to get rid of some of this stuff so I can get more.

4. bchctybob

bchctybob

I’ve found that chasing down an early rear end, narrowing it, buying axles, replacing rear end gears and bearings and brake parts is not really saving me much money these days. I’m only doing it with Olds/Pontiac rear ends.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cheapest Big Pont 9.30 housings are the 2+2 wide tracks. Work best if you are narrowing beyond the flat spots on housings. I have a nice clean one for $150 if you need one.

6. I bought mine in 2019 for $300.00 it had issues too... DSCN5204.JPG Trying to find parts for it I had to go to a Ford Bronco supplier to get brake parts for it...