Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lost picture......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Hey on my build thread of the 57 wagon, somebody here sent me a picture of a bad ass looking 57 delivery, it was red, had a tall stance, and it was sitting beside another tri five. Best I recall it had slicks and chrome reverse wheels? I've searched everywhere for that picture. Might have been @chevy57dude that sent it to me. Help me find that picture if you get a chance please! :D

2. Slopok

Slopok

There must've been a reason it was deleted, maybe ask Mark?

Deuces and Lloyd's paint & glass like this.
  3. I can't remember if it was sent to me on the thread or not though. It wasn't off topic by any means so I'm sure that wasn't the case. 2 tri five's sitting beside each other outside. The wagon was a drag car. It had slicks on chrome reverse and torq- thrust on the front I believe

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.

4. [​IMG]

This is the only one I remember seeing lately. HRP

Sandgroper, Deuces, OzMerc39 and 4 others like this.
  5. That's the car!!!! Thanks Danny! You're awesome!

6. Glad Danny had it!
    Tough looking car, too.
    Edit - those look like Halibrands on the front. Not chrome slots like I thought at first.

7. Yeah I believe you're correct sir. I'm thinking I'm gonna change my direction, and go more towards this car.

8. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I was in HS most of the guys with wagons ran chrome reverses on the rear and 5 spoke Americans on the front. Always liked that look. I couldn't afford the 5 spokes for the front of my Falcon wagon. Ran cheapie chromies from Western Auto on all fours.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  9. HRP.....
    Knows all, remembers all.

10. I'd love to stumble over a set of chrome reverse for my car. Seems easier to find the torque thrust around here.

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

Don’t ya love it , when a plan comes together

12. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

look close, it has 55 bel air quarter trim in place of the 57 150 trim....

13. Keen eye there big guy ;)

Deuces, lothiandon1940 and Moriarity like this.
  14. southcross2631

southcross2631

you can go full Belair trim if you want. I did on the shorty I built for a customer. Tried to make it look visually longer. 20170801_185008 (1).jpg

Deuces likes this.
  15. What's up Mike! I've got remnants of the 150 trim, that Belair trim commands way to much money for my taste lol

Deuces likes this.
  16. It's got some more Bel Air trim, below the roof along the top of the ''window''. Holes on the door from trim also. It may be a 2 door wagon. A round mirror on that door would look better IMHO.
    Sedan deliveries would not have 210/ BA quarter trim.

Deuces likes this.
  17. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Just some random '57 Chevy pics. Ya can't have too many..

kidcampbell71 and Deuces like this.
  18. southcross2631

southcross2631

I got lucky on the Belair side trim . I found it in a salvage yard. I ended up having to cut most of it down to fit and then polish it after I knocked all of the dents out. The front is from a 4 door sedan. The rear quarter panel Chrome is shortened and the ribbed aluminum between the strips is cut down about 6 inches and narrowed in the front to fit under the side stainless.The rest came from a rusty wagon I found at Double Nickel in Athens Ga. The roof also came from there. Who ever shortened the car before I got it used a torch and brazed it back together and had about an inch and a half of bondo to make up for the warp. So I had to replace the roof skin. 20170801_184945_001 (1).jpg

Deuces likes this.