Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features SAW THIS OLD DRAGSTER IN NEW N.H. THINKING OF BUYING IT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old32, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Budget36

Budget36

I agree, Walt Dupont is a hell of an engine builder.

OP, contact him, he's up in Maine I think?

Get the scoop.

2. old32

old32

look at this one old drag (9).jpg old drag (10).jpg old drag (12).jpg old drag (13).jpg old drag (14).jpg old drag (15).jpg old drag (16).jpg old drag (17).jpg old drag (22).jpg sunday (2).jpg sunday (11).jpg sunday (12).jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

The orange car looks like it is an old build, and is pretty neat looking.

The yellow car....probably works, and I expect the fellow who built it just doesn't give a damn how it looks, he's into making the engine run good.

If you like the yellow car, you should buy it. If you're worried about what other people think, at least now you know.

4. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

The guys who raced those cars had balls made of steal! Nothing like grabbing gears going down the strip while straddling the third member!

5. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Put a roundish cowl, bomber seat and old steel wheels. Call it vintage

6. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I dig the seat in the orange one, looks like a straightjacket, I would need one to race that car !

7. lamaison

lamaison
    from Canada

Looks like a 1932 front axle on it (the original for sale one)

8. fortynut

fortynut

I feel like someone who just walked back out of Disneyland. For a moment, let reality sink in. In the evolution of drag racing, gentlemen, rules evolved. (Yeah, I am the rude dude with the bad attitude --- when it comes to some of them.) Those rules were for one reason and one reason only: to keep people who competed on tracks where these rules were enforced from killing themselves, their competitors, and the the hapless spectators who came to watch the spectacle. Yes. The OP showed us a 'thing' that would not pass tech anywhere in the known universe. To talk like it has panache, or a history because some benighted soul built it, is like children making noises at a blowing fan. There is some resonance but it is meaningless. Those posters who said it was a nice 'bit' of parts were being realistic. If the price quoted is correct, with that kind of money better parts can be had, depending on the 'plan'. Yep. Something cannot come out of nothing. You need a dream, and from that dream you need to come down to earth and make a plan. And, from what I see in the photos posted, as it sits, I see a 'Death Trap' waiting to suck some young soul out of his meat sack into the morgue. Even dune buggies are built safer. And, yes, dragsters did evolve. Few, if any accidents in the sanctioned events who are involved in accidents are fatalities. BECAUSE they are built FIRST with safety in mind. TO the OP, if you buy that 'thing', take it apart and think about what I've just said as you move forward. Nuff Said.

alanp561, bchctybob and Budget36 like this.
  9. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Man, I hate it when someone gets excited about finding something that they thought was legitimate and seeing their baby get punched in the gut.

Build what you really want or search for real FED cars, there is enough crap out there, but you can still find cars that will certify and pass tech. Don't gamble on safety.

bchctybob likes this.