Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Odd FE Hedman headers. What u know about them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Norrland, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Will shure do that. Got more response than i ever tought when i started this tread. And its really cool to get all the info about them from u. Thanx

Deuces, loudbang and Max Gearhead like this.
  2. Starlinerdude

Starlinerdude
    from Washington

A buddy has a set they're 3 pieces per side including the collector,I've seen other Hedmans made in this style from the same time period for sbc's and pontiac's,like a lot of the earlier comments they are very early,weren't around for very long which in my eyes make them very cool.

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  3. Have two sets of new tri y for a RB 413/440 mopar I have never used - the collector - 2 into 1 - is long and kinda scary - it goes to maybe to the middle of the bucket seats........?

4. verde742

verde742

I have a Ford engine stuffed into a Volari sub frame, in a '56 Ford pickup, placed at an angle to miss on both sides. I am going to remount it....
    It has stock manifolds.
    I bot it this way, even tho I am not a big fan of header, ANYBODY on here know of headers that will work well with that situation? OR of stock manifolds ?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

No one at this time is reproducing the Long Ford 427 exhaust Manifold....BUT....Kugel Components has successfully made the highly sought after shorty Factory manifold.
    They are a true work of art.
    I believe the price point is about 700-900.... but a direct call would verify.I plan on purchasing one day.

https://kugelkomponents.com/8307-2/

Beanscoot, Deuces, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  6. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would like to see a picture of those. Gene.

Deuces, loudbang and Norrland like this.
  7. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a pair of the short 406 manifolds listed on Baltimore Craigslist, Auto Parts section right now.
    Asking price is 600.00. Gene.

Deuces, loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. Have a 259 Studebakerengine i plan to soup up and put in my Henry J Gasser. U know if there ever where any Studebaker headers made by Hedman??