Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Anchors and Grenada brakes.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lugnut, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Lugnut

Lugnut

been a long time since i posted. hard times in beverlywood.
    but.
    Im moving and The fact that my 60thunderbird has been sittin in a car port is really starting to eat at me.
    so Its got a completley rebuilt cruise-o
    so Im kinda stuck with FE's.
    My 352 is in peices and im starting to think its not worth having rebuilt
    Im not sure whether I would need an adapter for it if I pick up a running 390 to shove in there../

I gotta get it running soon or im gunna loose it.

Im also planning on coverting the front to disk
    I know i will need 75-80 grenada spindles and rotors
    Is there somplace I can get a conversion kit or im just better off going to Memmory lane or sunvalley.

2. RacerRick

RacerRick

390 is a bolt in - no adaptor...

3. oldtin

oldtin

The Cruize-O-matic has a removable bellhousing and was basically the same until its death in 1982. Variations have been behind nearly every type of engine ford made between 1950-1982, so with the right bell, flywheel, t/conveter you should be able to mate up just about any ford engine you want to the trans. hooking everything else up is the trick.

Bolting in any of the FE series engines is a direct swap, although some require different oil filter adaptors (truck has a horizontal filter, most cars ran the verticle filter, some cases either will work).

4. Hunter Bender

Hunter Bender

just make sure you have the right flexplate. i just went through this with my galaxie. you need a pre 65 plate. i guess in 65 ford added a couple more teeth. sweet, don't you love how ford does shit like that. if for some reason you need the bigger flexplate, i have a brand new one sitting here...

5. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

I have a set of discs and calipers off a 77 Granada if your interested send me a PM. Thanks.

6. johnnyford

johnnyford
    from FLORIDUH

Dick Cohen is the man to ask about your brakes.
    http://www.dropnstop.com
    Super nice guy that will tell you what you need even if you don't buy his kit.

7. old beet

old beet

I the early FE engines had 2 bolt motor mounts and the later 4 bolts. Thats where they bolt to the engine....I think??............Beetle

8. prime mover

prime mover

holy shit I thought you fell off the earth, I have a running 390 but its a 65 so the motor mounts are a little different.