Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Do you plan on driving your hot rod or custom on Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Thanksgiving during the year 2020 is most likely going to present challenges we have never faced but that doesn't stop us from enjoying driving our cars & trucks.

I have been talking about a big Thanksgiving dinner that includes family and a couple of hot rod pals driving their vintage cars, packing up the Ranch Wagon with Turkey and all the trimmings and driving up in the Smoky Mountains and find a place to stop and have a traditional Thanksgiving Day picnic.

As bad as things are we can still get out and have some fun driving out hot rods & customs, what is your plans? HRP

002.JPG

[​IMG]

32SEDAN, Cosmo50, 3W JOHN and 11 others like this.
  2. High test 63

High test 63

Yeah, weather doesn't look too bad, so I'll probably put the 19" wires on the 29 AA and take it down to get the Christmas tree for my woman's family.

Spoggie, 3W JOHN, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  3. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

No hot rods for me on thanksgiving, they are all put away nice and warm because we live the frozen north. And we have some salt on the road already.

Spoggie, MMM1693, 32SEDAN and 7 others like this.
  4. Norris McCarty

Norris McCarty

Yep....weather is supposed to be very nice out here in west Texas. It’ll be just my wife and I this year....trying to stay ahead of this COVID crap

Spoggie, little red 50, Paul and 7 others like this.

5. I plan on driving mine. But probably for only a couple hundred feet. This gang will be coming over, so I need to pull the Hot Rods out of the garage. We plan on taking our 2020 photo for this years Christmas cards. Also we're planning on have dinner in the garage. There's more room than in our dinning room. 587.jpg So I'll need to pull the Hot Rods out. Sometimes we go to the beach and have seafood for Thanksgiving. But this year is a stay home, and eat turkey day. You guys traveling stay safe, and have a blessed Holiday. Ron.......

6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I'd like to, but weather says it'll be raining, so no ride for us.

7. Might if it’s not snowing and the road crews haven’t put salt down by then. I went down to Toledo today and ran in snow for about 60 miles. Spit some off the road. I was my daily Jeep. It was 32f everywhere I went.

8. Deuces

Deuces

I'm just gonna stay home and make me a pasta dinner.... :(

9. Driver50x

Driver50x

I’ll be driving mine the 170 miles from my place to Daytona Speedway for the big 4 day Turkey Run event. Man I love Florida this time of year.

10. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

Ron, if we had thanksgiving in my garage everyone would need a tetanus shot first.

cktasto, Ford52PU, 32SEDAN and 5 others like this.
  11. Normally I go to the Pie Run in Deale but I’ve heard that they are putting restrictions on the event. I’ll probably take a short drive around town if it’s a no go.

12. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

Not me. We normally rent a large beach house on the Gulf with all the kids and grandkids (15 in total) but won’t be there this year because of Covid. I still will do just about all the food preparation and cooking for Thanksgiving but just for wife and her sister. I enjoy all the work but won’t be the same without everyone being there.

Elcohaulic, 32SEDAN, lowrd and 4 others like this.
  13. gene-koning

gene-koning

My wife has decided to make a Thanksgiving dinner for us, our kids and their families, my mother, and my sister. Not going to be cruising anywhere this Thanksgiving except between the dining room table and the easy chair. :D

The weather is suppose to stay pretty good through the weekend, we might go for a ride Sunday afternoon. Gene

14. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Since we host Thanksgiving at our place no, but you best believe I pull em out of the garage to show em off a bit.

15. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Might get the wife’s OT FBird out to go to my Moms for supper. Then again, might not. Won’t know until about 5 minutes before we leave....

16. primed34

primed34

17. If I was going anywhere, I would. But, pretty sure we may just have Thanksgiving at home this year with my wife and our three kids that are still living at home.

18. Thanksgiving has always been a holiday we spend with the family, since our parents are deceased we are the grandparents, with this pandemic and the cdc encouraging people not to get gather for Thanksgiving we feel we can drive up into the Smoky's, be out doors and enjoy the day, we see our girls and granddaughters on a daily basis, and we are comfortable around our two friends.

What could be better than our own version of the Turkey Run to the Smokey's. :D HRP

WB69, dirty old man, 32SEDAN and 6 others like this.
  19. I really don't have anything running. My bike is closest to running and I could feasibly have to running on Turkey Day but then the question becomes where would I go? LOL

scotty t, HOTRODPRIMER and 3W JOHN like this.
  20. squirrel

squirrel

We're not going anywhere, but I might take it out for a spin anyways....just to keep things lubricated.

21. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Danny, do you have a route planed?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

So long as I get back home by 10 p.m. :D
    [​IMG]

3W JOHN, Deuces and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

Man, a Smokey Mountain cruise for Thanksgiving sure sounds fun. I wonder if Cades Cove is still open or has closed for the season. I love seeing the old historical homesteads and churches.

I'm up in the North GA mountains in the RV for Thanksgiving week so no driving any of my toys on Thanksgiving. Hope you guys have fun.

24. Budget36

Budget36

I’m gonna make it a point to sit in the seat and make vroom, vroom noises;)

25. 50s here all week, may have dads 56 out. Business as usual here. We don't always have a big get together and this year it is my folks and my lovely new wife. I plan on getting some drywall and siding projects done.

26. I was unaware you got married, Congratulations are in order. HRP

27. Thank you very much!

28. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Me too. Lasagna.

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and Deuces like this.
  29. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Yes And Somebody Has To Get The Bird... 117535629_2707553529568911_1799100281070710002_o.jpg

Elcohaulic, 3W JOHN, -Brent- and 3 others like this.
  30. Deuces

Deuces

Mom gave me a couple of jars of her home made pasta sauce... The tomatoes were grown in her back yard... Delicious!... :)