Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Where is this car.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Nov 13, 2020.

1. 34Larry

34Larry

[​IMG]

Pats Rod and Custom, showed this with him saying it was not seen again by him. I've never seen it before either. Some one out there knows about this car. Anybody.......... ??????????
    [​IMG]

Really intriguing piece of rodsmenship IMHO, would really like to know more on the build and builder.

2. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

Saw it a long time ago.would also like to know.

3. Fordors

Fordors

Fortunately I have no idea.

4. Might just be hiding...

5. 5window

5window

Well, I admire the thought and craftsmanship that went into it, but to me, it's kind of like a rat rod's grandfather. JMTC.

X38, chryslerfan55, Chicster and 6 others like this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kind of looks like some of those high buck rat rods that you see around Spokane.

Boones and loudbang like this.
  7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

thats a nice way of putting it

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. gt350hr

gt350hr
    from So Cal

Larry Ofria -Valley Head Service???

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

This a a few posts away from being "FEATURED". Bob

5window likes this.
  10. Fordors

Fordors

Valley Head Service has been in business for 55 years, the builder of that car has tarnished Larry’s name IMO.

11. So if it's not stock, a 40 Ford, or a 32 Ford, it's Rat rod? I learn stuff everyday! Looks like a twin engine custom to me. Pretty cool in my book. Probably not as cool as a reproduction or fiberglass 32 Ford though.

12. Might be neater if the twice engined competition coupe designer wasn't over ruled by the clown car designer on so very many features.

13. Thy pilgrim hath uttered blasphemy!
    To avoid being burnt at the stake, quickly recite 10 Henry Ford’s and two Hail Crate Motors.;)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  14. Not in my garage.

15. 5window

5window

I think it was the bowling pin.

16. Makes for a good push point ;)

chryslerfan55, Sandgroper and fauj like this.
  17. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Don't think there is a description for that. It's not traditional, looks like a hodge podge of ideas.

lurker mick likes this.
  18. ratster

ratster

hope it shows up, it's kind-of cool

chryslerfan55, 34Larry and The37Kid like this.
  19. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Would daily drive.

B Bay Barn likes this.
  20. I agree. Although it's missing the skulls, iron crosses, spiderwebs, and black primer. That's good to be missing those.
    Kind of sad to me as the basic design looks promising.

Sent from dumb operator on a smart phone

21. fabricator john

fabricator john
    from venice fl.

i Remember that car , saw it in the magazines . was at the suede palace show or somthing and lit em up . thought it had a late 50s drag car without a class vibe i could of left off just a few things but to me it looks legit .. me likey
    fabricator john
    miss you dad

chryslerfan55 and B Bay Barn like this.
  22. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

That was built by Rick Elliot in the 90's at Cooks Upholstery in Redwood City CA and has a lot of borrowed parts and inputs from his many friends in the SF bay area. When he suddenly died of a heart issue the car disappeared. When we cleaned his shop out at the request of his mother it was not there along with his Laythem Supercharger and other cool parts he collected. It was reported stolen by his parents to the Redwood City CA police and they still have a open file on it. I hope the thief that took it get his just in this lifetime or the next, but justice will prevail. Rick we still think of you with fond memories.

23. catdad49

catdad49

If I remember correctly, this was a well built machine with plenty of great details in it’s construction, but some of the more visible ones were a little too much. With that said, it sounds like it and it’s creator had sad endings. Hope they caught the thieves!!

chryslerfan55, wraymen and 5window like this.
  24. 5window

5window

Here's the link to Pat Ganahl's article: https://patganahl.com/2020/11/12/hot-rat-rod-suede-show/

25. 34Larry

34Larry

Well there are certain aspects that are a little over the top to be sure. But I was thinking of the engineering accomplishments in building it. If I were younger, and if it were offered up to me, I'd take it and dump the cartoon crap and make it a respectful rod. BTW, all car thieves need to be just exterminated with a .44 cal. with no trial.
    Thanks Sum Fun, very nice that you know the answer and posted it for us.

26. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

Did the bowling pin spin round as the car moved,looks mounted to a shaft on the diff??

27. adam401

adam401

It looks like the rear diff and rear crossmember are purposely off center to the passenger side. Interesting. I'm curious about how the 2 engines meshed

28. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I'm curious about that as well. Even the rear crossmember and spring are favored to the passenger side.

29. Fordors

Fordors

78C57168-C787-4213-8471-65E91C5F6211.png
    That’s the Dragmaster Two Thing shown above, it was an early ‘60’s Top Gas dragster. In the photo you can see an offset Halibrand quick change, offset because it’s pinion is driven by the right side engine. The engines are joined at the flywheel, the ring gears are meshed, causing one engine to run backwards. The right side engine is CW rotation and the left CCW requiring a reverse rotation cam.
    Photo credit to the NHRA.