Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Beautiful day in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 0NE BAD 51 MERC, Nov 7, 2020.

1. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Drove my 64 Marauder today. Sunshine ,mid 60's , cruising at 60, pipes barking , windows down. Even at age 65 it is always a beautiful day when you feel 16 again.:) To bad I have not fixed the radio yet, a little "Born to be Wild" by Steppen Wolf would have been perfect!!;) lol How was your Saturday! Larry

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

0_20201106_154950.jpg

:rolleyes:...This was yesterday...65°...I believe this to be a very late year seasonal warm spell and it has been and will continue for several more days...oh yeah!!

So thanks for the nice
    weather Wisconsin...;)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  3. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Yes, it has been perfect weather in our state for the last number of days. I plan to take the Comet out again tomorrow. Let’s see a picture of your Marauder, ‘64’s are my favorite I once owned a ‘64 Parklane Marauder.
    Jim

UNSHINED 2, MMM1693, i.rant and 2 others like this.
  4. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

although it was a couple of days ago I'd driven theStudebaker into Council Bluffs (IA) to the local NAPA store to pick up some parts. On the way back through town some young guy in a rice burner of some type went by on my passenger side and yelled "kick ass car":) That made me feel pretty good. At the next stop light a young woman gave me the biggest smile I'd seen in a long time as well as "nice car" as she turned in front of me as I was stopped at a light. If every day could just be that good:) Probably the first Studebaker either had seen.

5. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

PA230003 (1).JPG My wife and I were out for a couple hours with the 40 Pontiac today. It was superb out all day here in Wi. Gary

6. hotrodrhp

hotrodrhp
    from Wisconsin

Same weather here in SW Wisconsin. I've driven both either the 34 and or the AV8 roadster at least every other day . My grand daughters 8 ans 6 are here from Calif so it didin't take much encouragement to take them out. Smiling faces making memories! Doesn't get any better

7. ...took my F-1 out for a ride today,...had to, just too nice a day not to...
    48 ford 10-18 013.jpg

8. gene-koning

gene-koning

My wife and I are planning on a nice 200 or so mile cruise tomorrow, just get in the coupe and go. Not sure if WI is the direction we will be heading or not.

It might be the last chance for the year. After Monday, the temps are suppose to return to reality. We spent most of this week getting the outside stuff done. Gene

9. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Headed out today for a cruise,I’ll get back to the yard work tomorrow.
    Be good to yourself! :D

0NE BAD 51 MERC, Stogy and MMM1693 like this.
  10. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Took the coupe out for two hours Friday afternoon, made for a great day!

11. 1ton

1ton

Drove up to Jefferson yesterday to pick up a manual trans for the '67 c30. Convinced the family to go with. Amazing interchange work south of Janesville. Came back through Lake Geneva. That place is always packed. Beautiful day, excellent roadtrip.

0NE BAD 51 MERC and Stogy like this.
  12. ahshoe

ahshoe

Should of taken the old truck or car for a ride yesterday, but to me it was so nice to wrench on my latest project with the shop door open and a beautiful day inside the shop and outside.

0NE BAD 51 MERC and Stogy like this.
  13. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Close to 70 in Kansas so had the Sport Coupe out even though it doesn't have the top on yet. running.jpg

UNSHINED 2, 0NE BAD 51 MERC and Stogy like this.
  14. oh yes nice day to drive thru east central Wisconsin, stop for cold one and food. Interesting place in Dundee, Wisc.
    Curt R
    086.jpg

15. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

What a switch. You guys are out cruising around in mild weather and the folks out West are getting blasted with a powerful rain storm. The last time we were even close in the general Midwest area was back on our detour road trip. We decided not to venture up into the Eastern seaboard and come back through the Great Lakes area for something different. We saw the weather maps and we wanted to get ahead of a system heading down from Canada, as well as getting past a major highway roadblock near St. Louis.

On the I-70 heading West from Kansas City, nearing Colorado, we ran into some of the most powerful raindrops/rainstorms we have ever seen. The wipers were on full speed ahead, but the visibility was so poor that we had to slow down to be safe. But, then the truck drivers haul a$$%$^%# at higher speeds negating us and others going slow. Getting passed by several big tractor trailer units is daunting.

The system in the Midwest usually gets affected from the systems coming down from Canada. At that time Wisconsin was having rain and relatively poor weather. Out West was 80 plus along the coast. But we were in Kansas/Colorado getting pelted with a powerful rainstorm.

Well. this past Saturday, we, in So Cal were prepared, as the weather folks and satellite maps told us that a system is headed our way and to get ready. Get ready? We just shut the doors and took down our summer umbrellas. How strong was the storm? On Saturday, the winds moved the patio chairs across the patio, actually moved our open screen door rolling it back into its locked in place and the windows were plastered with huge drops of rain. It was a powerful system that lasted for several minutes and then slowed all day to a consistent rain, cancelling all sorts of events.

Normally, you guys in the Mid West are inundated with rainstorms and some snow, while we are usually enjoying mild to warm weather. This system was going on all Saturday, Saturday night and into the early morning Sunday down pour. But, as fast and powerful as the storm was, it is now blue sky and brown ocean near the fast flowing rivers and creeks going out to the ocean.

Jnaki

We have double pane windows, but the sound of the rain blasting the outer panes was significant. It was a powerful system, but will dissipate and be gone by Monday.
    Check this out:

16. gene-koning

gene-koning

Well, we did 241 miles today in the coupe, we got near the WI border, but didn't get into WI. We ended up going west to the Mississippi and going south in Iowa along the river, before crossing back into IL then heading home. It was a nice day to cruise! Gene

17. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Took the Marauder out again today, but sounds like it is time to give her a bath and a polish and put her to bed for the winter. And while she is sleeping I can crank up the heat in the shop and get back to work on her older sister The One Bad 51 Merc!! lol Larry

18. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Ok, you guys are having too much fun. After the recent weekend rainstorm, that system plus the cold front that followed it, brought fresh snow to the local So Cal mountains. The road trip that we have taken several times and @Blues4U has mentioned for a New Years Day Hot Rod Drive is probably pretty cold and snowy right about now. The local mountain range bordering the whole LA basin has hints of snow. Mt. Baldy is covered with it. So, we are getting the normal winter rains and snow, since today the coast is 39 degrees.

Jnaki
    If anyone is coming in by jet from anywhere, the landing pattern will take you right in front of those cold snowy mountains, all the way to the coast line. It is a pretty nice way to end a long jet flight, pandemic or not.

The coast line being 39 degrees in the air is pretty cold, even for old timers used to such cold. A 3mm wetsuit, gloves and booties should do it for most active teens and 20s surfers. The water temp is around 62-66 degrees. Not your normal boardshort day for surfing. It is the change over to normal street clothes time that is the killer temp in the air.

Blues4U likes this.
  19. Monday morning, 10am, 70 degrees in Wisconsin another good day to get back on the road.
    Curt R
    fall 001.jpg

20. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

IMG_0210.JPG IMG_0210.JPG We had the 40 Pontiac out for 2 hours on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday! It also took me to work today. We could not resist, Gary

0NE BAD 51 MERC likes this.