Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What to do about my 727 Torqueflite..........a dilemma.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Nov 1, 2020.

1. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

He must have smelled your money when you got in the door. Cause obviously your loaded to make bonehead moves like this.

700 to 900 bucks for a 727 all day long, and parts come in same day for 727 here in houston tx.

Ill look for your post in a year or 2 saying it went wrong again and your headed back yet again.

2. Have you a clue Larry is 81 years old ? How are any of your smart-ass comments helping?

BJR, seb fontana, slayer and 3 others like this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

Just because someone is older doesn't mean you should let them make mistakes. If my Dad was going to be throwing money away I'd surely try to change his mind. Give them your opinion and then let them make a decision.

They are trying to let Larry know what they have experienced, just as if he was a young guy. He's obviously a FNG when it comes to 727's.

BJR and Dick Stevens like this.
  4. dodge35

dodge35
    from kentucky

The Hamb used to be full of assholes, looks like there are still a few left. You can answer a question without being a dick about it.

BJR, seb fontana, 1971BB427 and 3 others like this.
  5. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Hoping for a good outcome. None of us like these problems.

seb fontana and loudbang like this.
  6. I fully agree, but there are better ways to use words to get your point across without offending. Pretty much all I was saying.

loudbang likes this.
  7. mopacltd

mopacltd

I know of many who lurked and even more who responded to the HAMB that have decided not to even visit because of the BS here now.

loudbang likes this.
  8. alchemy

alchemy

He only said it was a boneheaded move. This is the Kinder and Gentler HAMB. If you guys don't like this you never would have liked it ten years ago.

MJW and stubbsrodandcustom like this.
  9. Been here since 2006 myself, lurked for a couple years before that. Seen people come, seen people go, seen lots get banned, it is, what it is I guess.

loudbang likes this.
  10. 73RR

73RR

...the times they are achanging.....

egads and loudbang like this.
  11. 34Larry

34Larry

I posted a reply but decided to go back and delete it, and not to add to this nonsense.
    Just sorry some choose to be stupid without asking questions instead.

loudbang, milwscruffy and b-body-bob like this.
  12. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Nothing new about the guys with attitude, and BS replies over a very long time! When I first joined here some dickhead decided my user name was off topic, or subject to his ridicule. So that pretty much set the tone for myself right out of the gate.
    It seems there are still many who have never learned manners in however many years they've been taking up space, and oxygen on earth, and they tend to be common here.

seb fontana and loudbang like this.
  13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Not sure what shop in Oregon those guys were waiting on parts from, but the largest transmission parts supplier in the state is Portland Transmission, and they'd have no problem getting any parts for a torqueflite there, if that's where he tried, if he tried.
    I'm with your idea of picking up the engine and trans, and then buying another trans, or having a different shop fix yours. Then simply take the other shop to small claims court to recoup the original price, or the repair costs. If you have proof of the mileage, I can't see any small claims judge not finding in your favor. And once you have a court order you don't need an attorney to collect. If the shop doesn't pay you within a prescribed time period, then take the court order to a collection agency and they'll take a fee for collecting it from the shop. You don't need to do anything else.

loudbang likes this.
  14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

one of the best things about owning a business is when they rip you off it is not a crime.

uncle buck likes this.
  15. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

The old HAMB was not all bad.

Sometimes people need to be told that they are heading the wrong direction. And then again, they choose to ignore the advice. We can all sit in a circle and sing a happy song or point out the errors. Larry has brought up similar issues before.

The old HAMB was not the place to sing happy songs.

16. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

In the old Hamb you just said straight out to fuck off. Find another thread to bash on. Lippy

loudbang likes this.