Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stolen Chevy SEGA Gasser Keep an eye out...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Nov 3, 2020.

1. adam401

adam401

I just saw this on Instagram. I would imagine this is one of those things where theyre stealing the truck and the trailer and the contents of the trailer are just a bonus to the thieves. Hopefull they find the car in a parking lot intact because its too much of a hot potato. Totally sucks man

Robert J. Palmer and Deuces like this.
  2. This could happen to any of us at any time. Pisses you off and then gets you thinking what you can do to prevent it. My car trailer has a cable ran through the wheels on one side with a master lock. But we all know that would only slow them down, not prevent it. Hopefully he has a ton of insurance on the 55. Wish there was some way to let the weasel know that the hounds are on his trail ;)

427 sleeper, chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  3. Budget36

Budget36

Thing is even if I had an ID on the top of my trailer, places would have to actually care to look for it. Heck, can’t get locals over here for shots fired.

Hope it works out well

4. Thepartsbinguy1

Thepartsbinguy1
    from Space

Never stop looking for it. Just last week I found my 1996 Honda cr80r listed on a Facebook for sale page. It was stolen over two years ago.. they blew it up and basically destroyed it.. I didn’t even attempt to get it back.

5. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Back to the top

Deuces likes this.
  6. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Geeze I hate people..!

Best of luck with getting it all back in good condition.

Mike

Happydaze likes this.
  7. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some searching shows that it was as Squirrel indicated stolen from in front of Village Garage and Custom in Atlanta GA.

An F 350 and an enclosed trailer is hitting the jackpot for thieves hunting for those. The car is either a bonus or a liability. From what I was able to pick up on line it is a well known car in that area.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  9. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The car being well know is a liability. IMO The truck and trailer on the other hand will be easy to turn. Maybe the gasser will end up in a container going overseas. Hope not. Hope everything is found in one piece.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  10. catdad49

catdad49

Just updated on Facebook that the truck was found this morning about 2 miles from the shop.

Happydaze, Deuces and KiWinUS like this.
  11. Deuces

Deuces

The car and trailer should be close also.... I hope....

12. RmK57

RmK57

You got that right. Had our 99 SD F-350 stolen 15 or so years ago. Like you said, no chipped key as it wasn't available, pop off the plastic outside key cover, then once inside a small pipe wrench to bust the column key and your off in 30 seconds. We got it back one day later found on a old logging road with a bunch of stolen goods in the box, including a Honda Quad, which I didn't get to keep.

13. mickeyc

mickeyc

A few years ago there was an annual event for bikers
    here (New Orleans) called Steel Pony Rally or something similar. It was structured similar to a goodguys or nsra event. The first couple of years
    went pretty well. The event seemed to be growing
    each year. During what I believe was the 3rd year
    the thieves struck in earnest! Many builders were
    brought multiple bikes in enclosed trailers for delivery
    to customers as well as display. Also many guys brought trailers for their personal bikes. On a Saturday night there were several trucks, tow rigs
    stolen all through the metropolitan area. One builder
    reported that his tow rig and the bikes stolen totaled
    a half a million dollars in value. He was just one of
    many. The newspapers here reported an estimated value of well over a million Dollars in vehicles and
    bikes were stolen in just one evening. That was the
    end of the event as the biker community rejected
    the return to this area.