Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 49' Mercury Rear Vent Windows Chop- NEED EXPERTS!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by michaelvz51, Oct 5, 2020.

1. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

Hello Hambers,
    I am now building vent windows for my project and have a set of vent windows (Wind Wings) from a 49' Mercury REAR DOOR. I am going to use these have to chop them down to match my Carson Top. They will be installed in my doors to open what we would consider the wrong way in order to allow fresh air to blow into the car and help keep it cooled down-we all know Chop Top Mercs don't ventilate well...
    Before I cut the frames and glass holder frames, I need to find the proper weatherstrip seals for them so I can set the proper height of the window frames and cut them accordingly.
    I am having a tough time finding these weatherstrip seals pieces from all of our aftermarket companies as they don't exactly list them for the 49' Rear Door and I believe they are different from the 50-51.
    I need some experts here to answer the following questions please:
    1. Are the front door vent windows on a 4 door 49' Mercury the SAME as the ones in the rear doors? The rear ones appear to be the same but just "flipped around" for the rear doors. If so, then the weatherstrip seals answer is simple as the front door weatherstrip seals are available readily.
    2. Is there a difference in the 2 door and 4 door vent windows on the 49'?
    As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

AChopped1950ford likes this.
  2. 51 mercules

51 mercules

You might ask Matt at Townsend Customs, he's on here and goes by sldnnmatt

3. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

This issue has been solved.

51 mercules likes this.