Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Winter,s around the corner here in Mn Keeping the mice out of the engine compartment ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blazedogs, Sep 12, 2020.

1. topher5150

topher5150

How do I keep spiders out? I almost had one drop in my mouth when I was working under the car yesterday IMG_20200921_141502559.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  2. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

I have had great results with Fresh Cab rodent repellent. Its all natural and available on Amazon but I buy it at my local Ace Hardware to support local business. It is strong but it works great.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  3. Deuces

Deuces

That thing looks deadly..... Like the ones I had to deal with in S.E. Australia as a kid..... :confused:........:eek:

Lil32 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I keep most of the dead mice I find picked up, but that’s very few. They usually crawl into a hole and die. Most birds of prey only eat live animals, so no worries there. A poisoned dead mouse won’t kill a cat or dog, may make the sick for a day or two, but they will survive. Buzzards are too scared to land near my house, so..... I think I have things covered.

Bones

Lil32, Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Yep, it's that time of year again, when invariably if you walk outside with your arms full of stuff, your face gets full of cobweb, or worse:

[​IMG]

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

Joyce Standridge in her column in this issue of Speedway Illustrated has the perfect solution-they have a garter snake that live in their garage!Eats all the mice-no smell!dont think it would work in Minnesota unless garage is heated all the time.Thats the answer,have a shop snake[dated a girl once,that was her nickname-whole different issue]

7. Mothballs or move south or west.

55Belairman likes this.
  8. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

+1

9. Oilguy

Oilguy

I don't cover my cars anymore in the winter. I leave the hoods and trunks open. Rodents don't like light. I also stuff steel wool into the tail pipes. A few years ago I started my Malibu in the spring and blew a mouse out of one of the exhaust pipes. I have also caught them with glue traps. I have not had any issues for a couple of years since leaving things open.

chryslerfan55, Deuces and Beanscoot like this.
  10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Old thread but it is winter and we are dealing with nasty little critters again.
    This popped up on FB a minute ago and I had to laugh that they want 30 bucks for it when several of us have done it for the cost of a little bit of peanut butter, a scrounged bucket, a 20 Oz pop bottle and a jar of dollar tree peanut butter. Bucket of death high dollar.jpg

11. touring20

touring20

Built one of these two years ago (, poisoned mice Kill owls and hawks)
    The mouse swimming pool caught 23 mice
    This fall till this date !

12. Deuces

Deuces

The latest generations music would drive me out...:confused:..........:eek:

mad mikey likes this.
  13. Get one of these. I did. Smiling_Kittens.jpg

Deuces likes this.
  14. Deuces

Deuces

Thanks! I needed a good laugh after a bad day at work.....:D:D:D