Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1962 Galaxie A/FX Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiveoh108, Oct 15, 2020.

1. This will document my build/ fixing of a 1962 Galaxie I recently purchased. It started it as a 6 cylinder car. Two owners ago it was painted Corinthian white, had a fiberglass hood, fenders and. Bumpers installed. Shitty floor patches done, 460 installed with a toploader, new painless wiring harness, a plastic fuel cell in the trunk with soft metal fuel lines. The bench seat interior was completely done and a custom gauge panel added. Custom 15x10 rear wheels and 15x7 fronts were purchased, a thunderbolt style traction system installed with new rear springs, shocks and disc brakes. Custom vinyl stickers plastered the car, kinda look cool, but Tasca is an east coast thing anyway. It sold on eBay in 2015.

I purchased it from the owner who purchased it on eBay. Somewhere along the line, the cheap pro comp heads developed a leak and caused an overheating issue. The owner pulled the heads and dissembled the top of the engine. This is about where I bought it

I had my 5 year old go to town and start peeling off all the graphics, it came with a 460 short block that I pulled. The underhood wiring was a mess, so I’m going to start over with factory stuff. I have to weld closed numerous holes that were put in during the previous build process.

I am taking out the bench, putting in a set of bostrom A-100 seats I have. I am removing the custom gauge panel and going back stock. I also purchased 4 1964 427FE for it that will be built in the next 1-2 months. I got long tube branch headers with it.

Once I get the engine compartment cleaned up and painted, I will work on the re wiring.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    tommyd, bchctybob, saltflats and 9 others like this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

OK good another of your build threads to follow along. :)

fiveoh108 and Deuces like this.
  3. EXracer64

EXracer64
    from nj

fiveoh108 and loudbang like this.
  4. Norris McCarty

Norris McCarty

I absolutely loves these cars. I had a 63 with a factory 406 tri-power and 4speed. Should have never sold it.
    I will be following this one! Really fun, unique car!

fiveoh108 and loudbang like this.

5. Anything ever get going on this?

fiveoh108 likes this.
  6. Ok, a lot has happened. But it’s almost done! I’ll post some Progress photos!

Attached Files:

7. More progress!

Attached Files:

8. Photos part 3

Attached Files:

bchctybob, IronFord and loudbang like this.

Attached Files:

Attached Files:

bchctybob, IronFord, tommyd and 2 others like this.
  11. loudbang

loudbang

AWESOME good to see you back I thought the "Baddies" had held you for ransom ;)

fiveoh108 likes this.
  12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

So dang Beautiful.

fiveoh108 likes this.
  13. IronFord

IronFord
    from NoDak

Awesome!

fiveoh108 likes this.
  14. bchctybob

bchctybob

Excellent! They were always on of my favorite Fords and you’ve certainly done right by it. Will we see it at Bakersfield or is it strictly a street car?

fiveoh108 likes this.
  15. Lol no way! Working on finishing a t bolt clone and 1966 F100. Plus I have a couple things to finish in the falcon before the March Meet

loudbang likes this.
  16. Thank you! I still have a few things to finish, but overall it is done and driveable. It’s too much to bring two cars to Bakersfield.. it would be fun to have there though!

loudbang likes this.
  17. Thank you!

loudbang likes this.