Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical DCX61 Hardner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by milwscruffy, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Anyone have a source to get PPG DCX61 hardener ? I have two gallons of PPG 2021 clear and need the hardener. Tried online and the only source I could find for the quart containers, you now need a commercial license to buy it. This really shouldn't be this hard. Thanks in advance.

2. The clear I have is 2021 and calls for DCX61. To get through a job I used DU5 and mixed it 4:1:4 and it seemed to work out, but would rather not play chemist and get the correct hardener.

3. I used to use 2021 and 2042 w/dcx61 a lot. DU5 will work fine, but takes more of it IIRC.
    Haven't bought any PPG lately, but I can check with the local jobber and see what's available.
    How much do you need?

milwscruffy likes this.
  4. 2 quarts and thanks. Yes the DU5 worked out good at 4 parts, don't know if I could get by with less, but also wanted it to harden.