Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Battery cable lugs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, Oct 5, 2020.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I've had my share of troubles with terminals on all sizes from 2/0 down to 22awg, both crimped and soldered, in my over 65 years of tinkering with cars.
    I think a lot of it has to be with being in a small town with all the terminals offered for sale being cheap chinese imports, and likewise for crimping tools.
    Then compound that with my natural born tendency to try to get by with that stuff available here and now instead of ordering good stuff sent to me.

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

If you look at a terminal, you can see that it was a short piece of copper tubing that was stamped so that it looks like a terminal. If you have the right diameter copper tubing you can make your own terminals

Budget36, caseywheels and 2OLD2FAST like this.
  3. Budget36

Budget36

Yep, both my tractors and forklifts have copper tubing for the battery terminals I put about an inch in the vise, squeeze it together then body hammer a bit on the anvil and put it in the drill press

dirty old man and jimmy six like this.