Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Interior Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RUSS BUCKLIN, Sep 13, 2020.

1. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

Hi all,

1950 Fleetline Deluxe 2dr fastback. I want/need to replace pretty much ALL the weatherstripping and seals on the car. Does anyone have a recommendation for where to go for the pieces? If possible I would like to keep as much of the original look and feel of the cloth covered door seals etc but that is not essential.

Any input greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Steele for the seals.

rockable and loudbang like this.
  3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

4. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

5. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

I've looked at the nationalchevy interior before, it looks like a really good deal,which makes me suspicious... Anyone here bought their package before?

loudbang likes this.
  6. squirrel

squirrel

I think the reason they're a good price is that it's not a reproduction original interior, so the materials are whatever they can get a good deal on...vs. the right stuff to restore an old car with original type materials.

7. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

8. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

I ordered material samples from Nationalchevy.com for the smooth cut velour (Century Custom) and the Leatherette (Custom Royal) interiors. Does anyone have any reasons for me not to order one of these from National? Problems with fitment, quality or installation difficulties?

Thanks!