Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs OG fulton sunvisor on 47 olds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by minijoey, Sep 30, 2020.

1. minijoey

minijoey

Hey There,

So a few years ago I bought a original Fulton sun visor in Pomona.
    Last night I finally decided to install it on the car. Everything was pretty straight forward till I had to do the supports in the middle.
    It was pretty hard to get the brackets in between the chrome and the rubber but I quickly noticed that the brackets are too far apart.
    I measured the chrome trim and it's about 30mm wide (1.18 inch) and when I hold the bracket together as it should sit it's like 0.7 inch (around 17mm)
    I found some other brackets on ebay and they seem to be the same width.
    As you can see on the photo's the lower bolt will be hard to impossible to install.
    Any advice on the brackets? Do I need special brackets for the olds? Or IF somebody has one installed could you please send some detailed photos of the clamps on the post maybe that would already solve the question marks.

Thanks a bunch

Joey

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oldsman41

oldsman41

If you look at your bracket straight on I believe you could take a little material off the insides to move everything closer or make it tighter whichever you understand. You could take a little the main arm then take some on the inside where the pieces hook to it.

3. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

You just need a longer chicago screw (barrel nut) in the hole closest to the windshield molding.

4. minijoey

minijoey

I managed by hammering and shaping the brackets.
    Just wanted to make sure it’s normal to do this.
    Its a good fit now thanks!