Register now to get rid of these ads!

Installing blue dots

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CLSSY56, Apr 4, 2005.

1. 5window

5window

Things probably move a bit more slowly in Iowa.

2. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

comeon you love them , the match your eyes

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Been so long I don’t recall, older than this thread though.
    Oh yeh, I remember, I drilled a hole!
    20200927_175226.jpg

4. Question; why is it bad to ressurect an old thread? Never understood that.

rusty valley likes this.
  5. I’m never sad to see an old thread. They are better than most of the new ones.:) It is kind of funny when someone offers advice to the original poster after many years have passed.

6. I personally like them, but on a bright sunny day they don't show up when you hit the brakes, and the teenage girl following you while texting her bff ain't going to notice you have your foot on the brakes, ask me how I know. :mad: HRP

7. I saw a 14 year old thread last week that a first time posted brought back to life. HRP

8. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Bought a set of diamond hole saws (cheap) on ebay for the hell of it and they work on glass just run under water and cuts surprisingly fast

willys36 likes this.
  9. 19Fordy

19Fordy

HOTRODPRIMER advice is worth listening to.
    When it comes to tail lights you want RED to be as bright as possible.
    Not worth the "kool " factor.

10. That's the truth! HRP

11. bchctybob

bchctybob

I think sometimes people do a search for something and find a relevant thread not noticing how old it is. I know I have. I agree, nothing wrong with resurrecting an old thread if it suits the subject, we often get to hear from good ol’ hamb guys.
    Blue dots? Weren’t popular in my area and I never saw the point, just ticket bait. Didn’t see many blinky eyed dogs on package shelves either.......

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

This helps in the matter too.... stoplight3.jpg

13. 5window

5window

Perhaps not quite HAMB friendly, but I bought a bright LED Stop light that fits into the trailer hitch receiver and Connects to the wiring harness plug. It is inexpensive and bright and andI think it helps being in an unexpected location.

14. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Whenever I get to my 5W I'll be installing a strip of LED lights just in front of the gas tank facing downwards. I live in a rather "damp" climate and I figure the brightness of the
    LEDs reflecting off th ewes pavement at night might be an extra safety factor. Not quite blue dots but maybe I'll use blue and red LEDs...

15. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

I had blue dots installed back in the late ‘70’s, this time around I am trying red dots.....
    5CDD42C3-051F-4E2C-9186-B61DC7F6FCA1.jpeg

bchctybob likes this.
  16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Quick way to attract the kind of attention you don’t want.
    As in tickets and fines.
    The only color lights that are legal on non emergency vehicles are white and amber on the front and red and amber for the rear.

As for blue dots I used to like them and then I grew up :D:D

17. raymay

raymay

I have had Blue Dots and a 3rd brakelight on my cars since the 70's. I tried things like brighter bulbs and more reflective diffusers but still was never really satisfied. A couple years ago after a few close calls and poor visibility especially on my 37 Chevy glass Blue Dot lenses that were hard to see when driving with the sun behind the car, I decided to upgrade to LED. Since Blue Dots are illegal in several States the aftermarket companies say they do not offer a setup with a Blue Dot option. I finally decided to go with the LED's and am very pleased with the results. The lights looks stock but day or night friends tell me the taillights on my cars are clearly visible from great distances. I also added an Led I found from Danchuck that looks exactly like the stock reflector under the taillight on my 56. Yes, I will miss the Blue Dots but I enjoy driving my cars and any little thing to improve the safety is worth it to me.

DSC01102.JPG 41626281_1845117432231544_4088659353685458944_n.jpg