Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Powergen 1 wire...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banditomerc, Sep 17, 2020.

1. banditomerc

banditomerc

In the picture of the powergen 1 wire alternator I added here..what is the second terminal for..I figure the "big" terminal is for battery,but what is second smaller terminal for? And how would that be connected to charging system? I called dealer and tech said that it's just there in case you have a generator dash light,but if you dont ,not to worry about it..I have a feeling there is more to it..and that's why I am presenting the issue here..the truly knowledgable experts

Attached Files:

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

My dash light does not work after I installed my one wire alternator. How do I get my dash light to work?

Some Powermaster alternators have an indicator light drive. The indicator light wire from the stock wiring harness has to be connected to this terminal of the one wire alternator. If the you had an OE externally regulated alternator, then use a conversion wiring harness (part # 150). If you had an internally regulated alternator with the two spade wiring harness connector, simply remove the black rubber cover on the side of the Powermaster alternator and plug the harness in. (PLEASE NOTE: This applies only to part #s 17294, 37294, etc. and not to part # 178021, etc.)

Source > https://www.powermastermotorsports.com/faq-alternators_a.html#8

3. banditomerc

banditomerc

So that small terminal is not a "exciter" for alternator?

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I've never run one. But my understanding is yes, it only serves as a dash light indicator and does not excite.

5. bonzo-1

bonzo-1

One wire alternator. Use one wire. One wire from the single post to the battery.

6. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

7. banditomerc

banditomerc

Thanks gentlemen..